When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Amy's Kitchen is a family-owned, privately-held American company based in Petaluma, California, that manufactures organic and non-GMO convenience and frozen foods. Founded in 1987 by Andy and Rachel Berliner, and incorporated since 1988, the company took its name from their daughter, Amy.
The Manager, Community Engagement and Social Responsibility will report to the Senior Director of Communications and will be responsible for leading and executing Amy's communications and community engagement strategies related to sustainability and corporate social responsibility. The ideal candidate will have experience in corporate communications, community relations, developing philanthropic strategy, and event creation and management with a focus on sustainability and social responsibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Amy's Kitchen's philanthropic strategy related to sustainability and corporate social responsibility, including creating volunteer days and events that have a positive impact in the communities served by the company.
- Manage and execute all aspects of event creation and management related to community and thought leader initiatives, including venue selection, vendor management, program development, and post-event analysis!
- Keep abreast of external trends related to sustainability, climate change, and agriculture, and use this information to inform the company's sustainability and community engagement initiatives.
- Develop and communicate Amy's Kitchen's sustainability and social responsibility stories internally and externally, and help the company develop and communicate its thought leadership in this area.
- Drive awareness internally and externally about Amy's Kitchen's work as a B Corp and in sustainability, corporate social responsibility, and its contributions to macro trends related to climate change, organics, and sustainability.
- Project manage the annual impact report, collaborating closely with involved internal teams like sustainability and supply chain to ensure the accuracy of the information and that stories are connected to Amy’s values.
- Write and create sustainability content for internal and external audiences.
- Work closely with the sustainability team and senior leadership team to ensure the company's sustainability and community engagement initiatives are aligned with its overall business strategy.
- Manage relationships with community partners as needed.
- Develop and execute community engagement strategies to support Amy's Kitchen's sustainability and social responsibility initiatives.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will supervise non-exempt Community Engagement & Outreach Coordinator
Qualifications & Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, including ability to communicate at all levels, exercise discretion, composing responses in a professional manner.
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Flexibility with shifting timelines and priorities.
- Excellent listening, follow-through, and time-management skills.
- Technical savvy (comfort working with and around recent technologies).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, preferably in communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-7 years of experience in managing communications, community engagement programs, and events related to corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and/or philanthropy.
- Strong understanding of the organic, ESG, and food environments.
- Excellent communication and organization skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow and to work independently.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Proactivity – in improving the functioning of the Communications team.
- Ability to deal effectively with diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Basic ability to pull and organize data.
- Strong project management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Social/digital management skills.
- Ability to remain composed and calm under stress.
- Ability to manage departmental and project budgets.
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and direct manner.
- Fluency in English; and
- Ability to translate English to Spanish to English both for written communications and during live meetings.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Driver’s license and transportation
TRAVEL: Travel may be required on an occasional basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities