When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Environment Massachusetts works for clean air, clean water, clean energy, wildlife and open spaces, and a livable climate. Our members across the state put grassroots support behind our research and advocacy.
We envision a greener Massachusetts: one that protects more places where nature can thrive, and offers us and our children a greater opportunity to live healthier, more enriching lives. Through our research, public education, advocacy, litigation and action, we advance policies and practices that put our state and our country on a better path.
Full Job Description
This summer in our Boston office, we're working to power Massachusetts with 100% renewable energy. It’s 2023. We have the technology to power our state with clean energy like solar and wind power. Instead, we’re still depending on fossil fuels that pollute our air and warm the planet. We just can't go on like this. That’s why we’re building support for the 100% Clean Act, which would transition our state to 100% clean electricity by 2035.
As a canvasser you will:
- Educate and engage citizens, build support and fundraise on pressing issues
- Get experience with the leadership and communication skills and connections needed to launch your career
- Build membership and raise money for environmental and social change groups
The Fund for the Public Interest is seeking hard-working individuals with good communication skills and a passion for social change to fill citizen outreach and field manager positions across the country this summer. With offices in selected cities across the country this summer, we are hiring full-time staff, with leadership opportunities available, to work on issues like stopping plastic pollution, saving the bees, and moving towards a 100% clean energy future.
Staff earn a base pay between $15 to $18 per hour, which varies by location, plus may earn an additional $1 to $10 per hour or more for exceeding the minimum performance standard. Staff never earn less than minimum wage for the hours that they work. So, depending on location and performance, you could earn an average of between $15.50 and $25 per hour and may earn as much as $28 per hour.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and dependents
- Commuter benefit program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Short-term disability insurance
- Excellent training program
- Opportunities for advancement
*Eligibility for benefits depends on your position, location, duration of employment, and other factors.
Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy, or veteran status.
- Call 737-301-1861 or send your contact information through this link: www.SummerJobsThatMatter.org
- We are also hiring for career positions for college graduates. To apply online, visit www.fundjobs.org!