When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Ascent Environmental is a dynamic environmental, natural resources, urban design, and planning consultancy headquartered in Sacramento, California.
With offices in Lake Tahoe, Oakland, Irvine, and San Diego, we work throughout California and the Western United States.
DOES THIS DESCRIBE YOU?
You are experienced in managing CEQA or NEPA compliance work and would like to apply your experience to improving wildfire resilience. You also relish collaboration with other natural resources professionals and agency staff to solve challenging resource problems. Recently, you’ve been wanting to apply your skills to manage more CEQA and NEPA reviews that lead to improved forest resilience in California. You are excited about the prospect of being on the leading edge of a state-wide effort to increase the pace and scale of projects that address California’s wildfire and climate crises. You are team-oriented and highly motivated to contribute to the development of vegetation management plans and projects requiring wildfire risk analysis, guide a project through the regulatory compliance process, and meet client objectives. Analytical thinking and writing quality are core skills. You believe strongly in the value of well-conceived, concise, and clearly written analysis, so that clients, regulators, and public agency officials have technically accurate, objective, and reliable information to support their decisions.
Ascent is looking to fill a full-time position for a Wildfire Resilience Environmental Project Manager to join our environmental practice in any of our offices located in Sacramento, San Diego, Oakland, Lake Tahoe, or Orange County/Irvine. In a typical week, you might:
- Manage the preparation of a CEQA document for a vegetation management project in cooperation with interdisciplinary staff and public agency clients.
- Oversee preparation of a NEPA document that addresses fire fuel reduction and forest ecosystem restoration on National Forests, National parks, or Reclamation watershed lands.
- Drive environmental review of park and open space, ecosystem restoration, or fish and wildlife management plans, in addition to wildfire resilience projects.
- Collaborate with state or federal agency staff to identify the most appropriate strategy to comply with CEQA or NEPA, including streamlining innovations.
- Contribute to a forest management plan or fire protection plan for a land conservancy, local government, or state agency.
- Evaluate a proposed vegetation management project for consistency with the California Vegetation Treatment Program (CalVTP) or a similar programmatic environmental document.
- Help prepare a scope of work and price estimate for new work to conduct an environmental review of a forest management plan, fire protection plan, or fuel reduction project.
- Speak at a conference or in-house training about the latest strategies to increase the pace and scale of vegetation treatment to promote wildfire resilience or best practices in fire protection planning.
- The ideal candidate would have a strong interest in forest resilience and wildfire risk reduction, be located in California or Nevada, and hold a BS or MS in environmental studies, ecology, forestry, or a related field. A minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience is required along with excellent writing skills, and strong organizational skills for budget and schedule management are important.
- Knowledge of CEQA and/or NEPA is required.
- Salary is $85,000 to $135,500 annually.
Ascent is committed to creating a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout all facets of the organization. We value and will strive to ascend by welcoming and uplifting all voices, ideas, achievements, and contributions, including those from marginalized communities and identities. We believe that recognizing and embracing our differences makes us a stronger organization. We commit to proactively nurturing environments of mutual support, respect, and caring for all through our words and actions. Join us on our journey.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
Ascent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions.