When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The American Chemistry Council (ACC) represents more than 190 companies engaged in the business of chemistry—an innovative, economic growth engine that is helping to solve the biggest challenges facing our country and the world.
Our members are the leading companies engaged in all aspects of the business of chemistry, from the largest corporations to the smallest, and everything in between. They are the people and companies creating the groundbreaking products that are improving the world all around us by making it healthier, safer, more sustainable and more productive.
Click here to learn more.
The Sustainability Coordinator position is responsible for supporting designated staff who develop strategies that advance positive science-based positions on environment, health, and safety issues in downstream value-chain markets. This includes supporting targeted outreach programs, coordinating research projects, and supporting cooperation between American Chemistry Council (ACC) members, ACC staff and member groups, and key downstream private sector organizations and their members. The position reports directly to the Managing Director, Sustainability.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports association member working groups dedicated to advancing sustainability in the chemical industry.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of ACC and sustainability issues and activities.
- Monitors and tracks private sector sustainability standards and emerging issues.
- Supports the development and implementation of strategies to advocate for science-based assessments of downstream products.
- Supports and coordinates activities and advocacy positions within the ACC.
- Works with internal staff to develop meeting materials and prepares and distributes meeting records and action item memos and coordinate appropriate legal review.
- Participates in the development and review of research proposals and manages assigned sponsored research projects, as well as manages the development of tools to communicate results of research studies to specific audiences.
- Responds to members and partners, ACC staff and public inquiries; provides substantive answers and materials as needed or make referrals to the appropriate ACC staff.
- Supports communications programs, including coordinating updates to the website and writing, editing, and reviewing certain materials involving sustainability issues and programs.
- Designs and develops communications and outreach programs for sustainability and market outreach events.
- Provides administrative and budget management support for all sustainability activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years professional experience, preferably in health and environmental issue management, sustainability program development and/or ESG reporting.
- Experience supporting complex, multi-stakeholder projects and project teams using consensus-building skills to identify the common ground within seemingly divergent viewpoints.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, product supply chains and related sustainability issues.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Inquisitive self-starter with a desire to independently research to gain new knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, projects, tasks, and information/requests, as well as use independent judgment in evaluating situations/issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, experience working with internet applications.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Experience working in a trade association, regulatory agency or health, safety, and environmental consulting/business experience.
- Experience in applying quantitative analysis and sound science principles to support policy advocacy objectives.
- Familiarity with legislative and regulatory processes and working knowledge of environment, health and safety regulations and statutes.