When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
NV5 Engineers and Consultants, Inc, is seeking a full-time Senior Environmental Scientist for our Roswell, GA office. This position will
provide assistance to project managers, engineers, and senior environmental scientists with general ecological field surveys, biological inventory surveys of conservation properties, wetland and stream delineations, state and federal protected species surveys, environmental permit preparation (USACE 404 permits and GAEPD buffer variance applications), scientific data interpretation, technical report writing, and planning tasks for the Ecology Group.
- Responsible for task management.
- Conduct ecology field investigations and data collection.
- Provide technical report writing.
- Complete project tasks within deadlines and budgets.
- Business Development
Prerequisites for employment include:
- BS degree in biology, botany, ecology, wildlife or similar field
- 8+ years of experience with natural resource related projects involviong transportation or energy sector projects (FERC, oil and gas, DOTs, transmission lines, etc.)
- Writing skills and ability to interpret and present field data in technical reports
- Experience and positive relationships with regulatory agencies
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and familiarity with Trimble GPS unit, Microstation, and ArcGIS
- Willingness to travel for consecutive days/nights
- GDOT experience a plus
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to employment
Work environment and physical demands of this position:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. When properly requested and when feasible (without undue hardship to the organization), reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- This position will be subject to indoor and outside environmental conditions, including weather conditions such as wet and /or humid environments, extreme cold and/or heat, dusty and noisy work environments.
- Work will primarily be in the field involving long term standing and frequent walking as well as include common hazards at construction and project sites.
- Must be able to carry, lift and push/pull up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to walk over rough and uneven terrain and be able to stand up to 10-12 hours a day on occasion.
- Must have the ability to see, smell, hear, talk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and twist, crouch, crawl, reach, grasp, sit, stand, and walk.
- Weekend and overtime work and/or overnight work and travel may be required.
- Additional physical duties may be required as necessary.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.