When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Mirova SunFunder is a world-leading debt financier to distributed solar companies and projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a team of 40 people spanning 15 nationalities. Our Nairobi office is a dynamic, 20-person team of experienced impact driven investment professionals working towards our mission to pioneer and scale clean energy and climate investments in emerging markets.
Mirova Sun Funder currently has three debt funds under management and is launching the new $500 million Gigaton Empowerment Fund. This ambitious fund will deepen our footprint in financing the clean energy transition in Sub-Saharan Africa, while also expanding into new geographies like Southeast Asia and exploring new high impact segments like emobility Mirova SunFunder is part of Mirova, a Paris-based management company affiliated with Natixis Investment Managers and dedicated to investing in solutions that accelerate a transformation towards a sustainable world. Mirova is active in various asset classes including equities, fixed income, infrastructure and renewable energies, natural capital, private equity, and social impact.
With close to € 30 billion in assets under management, Mirova has ±200 employees in Paris, London, Singapore, Nairobi, and Boston.
The ESG & Impact Analyst will report to the ESG & Impact Manager and be responsible for deal due diligence, monitoring and reporting on ESG and impact related to Mirova SunFunder’s
portfolio of debt transactions in emerging markets (primarily Sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast
- Conducting ESG and impact due diligences on prospective deals and presenting conclusions at investment committee meetings
- Establishing E&S management frameworks, or E&S action plans, for new investments
- Ongoing E&S monitoring and reporting at fund and investment project level
- Contributing to ESG and impact measurement methodologies, policies, and knowledge base at company- and fund-levels. Examples include updating our ESG due diligence forms and creating impact frameworks for new funds.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in related field required (sustainability studies, social studies, financial or business studies), Master’s degree is an advantage
- At least 2 years of professional experience in responsible investment or sustainability roles, such as ESG (and impact) Analyst, Sustainability Officer and/or Consultant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Attention to detail and strong ownership over your outputs
- The ability and willingness for occasional global travel
- Passion for helping to maintain and improve ESG and impact processes and outputs; and influencing other team members with this enthusiasm
- Willingness to challenge the way things are done, “get your hands dirty” and perform less
glamorous roles from time to time, as well as the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Experience in conducting ESG due diligences and in the development and implementation of environmental and social management systems
- Good knowledge of a fund- and company-level ESG concepts and frameworks, such as IFC
Performance Standards, ILO conventions, as well as other environmental and climate frameworks
- Demonstrated commitment to creating social, environmental, and economic impact through innovative climate and/or clean energy finance
Note: Other qualities that are important to us include possessing a positive attitude, intellectual
curiosity and a low ego. As a learning organisation, we look for people who enjoy learning from as well as teaching others. We celebrate and promote diversity in backgrounds and opinions. In the end, we care about results, and we show flexibility (e.g., working from home).
Compensation will be based upon your experience and skills. We offer generous benefits, a unique work culture that strongly encourages a healthy life-work balance, and an opportunity to work with a fun, passionate and talented team.
- Please click "Apply" below to email to us a motivation letter giving us a brief of who you are, illustrating your suitability to the role & outlining your motivation for wanting to work for Mirova SunFunder. Also attach your CV.
- Applications should have the subject line “ESG & Impact Analyst” - and be recieved on or before October 7th 2022.
- Applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.