When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
You can play a pivotal role in the transformation of transportation! Join Plug In America’s dynamic team and help shift the nation to clean electric vehicles!
Passionate about clean energy and electric vehicles (EVs)? Want to change the world? Come join the leadership team at Plug In America, the national consumer voice for EVs. Plug In America is a growing 501(c)3 non-profit organization that works on consumer and auto dealer outreach and engagement, EV awareness, policy advocacy and member services.
Plug In America is looking for a Program Director who will oversee our public outreach and education programs, including all events and PlugStar, our nationally recognized dealer engagement initiative. PlugStar addresses critical market gaps by exposing consumers to EV technologies and the EV lifestyle, informing customers of their options, and directing them to qualified auto retailers who participate in our program.
- Provide overall management for all of Plug In America’s public outreach and education programs. This includes:
- Dealer education and certification.
- PlugStar.com website which walks consumers through the full EV buying process.
- EV Support Program, which takes general EV inquiries from the public.
- National Drive Electric Week and other EV ride and drive events.
- Workplace charging programs.
- Participate in Plug In America’s leadership team and help to provide strategic vision to the development of the organization.
- Manage relationships with key funders, auto dealers and automakers that participate in your programs.
- Supervise staff (at least 4 direct reports) implementing outreach and education programs.
- Provide subject matter expertise on electric vehicles and auto dealerships.
- 7 years experience in hands-on program management.
- Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of the EV or automotive sectors.
- Extremely detail-oriented with solid organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Licensed to drive a car in the United States.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before the start of work.
- Experience managing website development.
- Six months experience driving an EV on a regular basis.
All staff are currently working remotely, but we have regular in-person staff meetings in the El Segundo area. We may return to an office in the Los Angeles area at some point when the situation permits it. For now, the Director may either work from home (if he/she/they has an appropriate remote office environment with Internet access and the ability to take phone calls) or we can provide space in a co-working facility. Plug In America is an equal opportunity employer and warmly welcomes applications from BIPOC candidates. The position will be open until filled.
The salary range for this position is $100,000-$120,000 per year, commensurate with experience and skills.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 403(b) Matching
- Monthly benefit towards the lease or purchase of an electric vehicle
Application Process: Applications must include a resume and a cover letter (PDF files preferred).