When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
NMR was founded in 2001 with a mission of providing independent, high-quality evaluation and market assessment services to administrators and regulators of energy-efficiency and renewable energy programs.
NMR measures the impacts of energy-efficiency and renewable energy programs and provides strategic guidance for improving program design and delivery. We provide clients with research-based information and insights to help them focus program efforts based on prevailing market structures and conditions.
NMR is currently seeking candidates for a Research Associate I position. We are a small but expanding consulting firm specializing in the evaluation of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs. Energy efficiency and renewables are burgeoning fields providing excellent career opportunities.
NMR currently seeks to hire individuals possessing knowledge, skills, and abilities typically gained through bachelor’s level education or prior work in engineering, environmental science, policy, economics, sociology, or other social science programs. We are looking for applicants who think critically and creatively, take initiative, and are not afraid to ask questions. The ideal candidate will contribute to our culture of teamwork and employee ownership by sharing knowledge freely, offering their unique perspective, and demonstrating a willingness to give and receive constructive criticism.
Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting onsite energy audits and technical analyses
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing survey data
- Conducting semi-structured interviews
- Performing descriptive quantitative analyses using R, SPSS, or similar data analysis packages
- Writing clear and concise research summaries, memoranda, and reports
- Experience and understanding of the principles and practices of program evaluation is a bonus; however, we are primarily seeking candidates with relevant skills and offer on-the-job training in evaluation and energy auditing. Successful employees will have opportunities for advancement in this growing company and field.
- This position will require individuals to occasionally perform inspections of residential and commercial buildings in order to assess the efficiency of various building components. These inspections may require employees to travel up to 50% of the time. Employee and customer safety are always our top priority. Employees are empowered to determine when a situation is not safe to conduct inspection work.
NMR’s core values are environmental stewardship, producing the highest quality work possible, and concern and care for colleagues’ professional and personal welfare and equity. Accordingly, we seek to minimize our greenhouse gas emissions, and purchase offsets for the carbon output resulting from our business operations. We have an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and offer competitive benefits including ESOP shares, health, dental, disability, 401K, T passes for those who commute to our Somerville, MA office via public transportation, paid parental leave, and three weeks of paid vacation starting (up to six weeks after multiple years of employment).
Note: We seek candidates, preferably within walking, bicycling, or public transportation distance of our office in Davis Square, Somerville, Massachusetts (greater Boston). We have budget available to move new employees to New England.
We offer competitive benefits, including ESOP shares, health, dental, disability, 401k contributions, passes for those who commute via public transportation, and up to six weeks paid vacation after multiple years of employment. We also strive for a 40-hour work week.
- Please click "Apply" below to email your resume and cover letter via email.
- Please, do not call NMR directly.
- Due to the high number of applications expected, we will not be able to respond to each submission.
As part of our commitment to becoming an anti-racist organization, we wish to emphasize our dedication to creating a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds no matter their race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, or socioeconomic status.