When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The mission of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) is to enhance the quality of life in our community by protecting and improving Montgomery County's air, water, and land in a sustainable, innovative, inclusive, and industry-leading way while fostering smart growth, a thriving more sustainable economy and healthy communities.
Montgomery County Executive Marc Elrich has unveiled the Climate Action Plan that will guide the County toward its goals of reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 80 percent by 2027 and by 100 percent by 2035 compared to 2005 levels. The Montgomery climate plan, which will increase resilience in the face of climate hazards, is one of the most ambitious climate plans in the nation for a local government. To address emissions from the built environment, the plan includes implementing code requirements related to energy efficiency, electrification, solar installations, net-zero standards, and building energy performance standards for existing buildings.
This position, located within the Energy, Climate, and Compliance Division (ECCD) in DEP, is responsible for the management and implementation of a variety of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainability policies and initiatives consistent with the goals of Montgomery County to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions and increase the use of renewable energy.
The Program Manager I - Building Data Analytics (Grade 23) provides day-to-day organization, compliance reporting, data analysis, and technical assistance for key programs related to energy use in commercial and multifamily buildings, primarily the County’s Benchmarking Law and related commercial building energy performance programs.
- Occasional evening or weekend work outside of normal business hours may be required.
- To ensure a positive workplace and to comply with federal, state and County laws, the incumbent is responsible for completing mandatory trainings within the first three to six months or within the specified timeframe.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with building energy reporting and performance policies and programs by implementing tracking processes to collect energy-related metrics as required per legislation and program goals, maintaining data about building stock, enforcing relevant policies, and completing legislative reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Developing and maintaining tracking processes to collect data and develop reports related to energy programs, including energy use impacts, program participation, greenhouse gas emissions, economic impact of energy conservation/efficiency, and program cost-effectiveness.
- Serving as the primary manager of the benchmarking and building energy performance standard databases, including soliciting development of new features and managing roll-out of new software features and modules to support building energy programs.
- Developing and maintaining informational and educational resources and tools to promote commercial energy programs, and providing outreach to the covered building community in the form of resources, presentations, and training.
- Providing direct technical assistance related to the implementation commercial energy policies and programs including help-desk support to ensure compliance with the Benchmarking Law.
- The ideal candidate will have considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of commercial energy program development, implementation, management, and evaluation. This position involves a unique blending of both technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess data analysis skills and acute attention to detail, demonstrated ability to manage programs effectively and independently, and customer service experience to deal tactfully, effectively, and equitably in direct communications and interaction with members of the public, businesses, and commercial enterprises.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience managing large data sets and translating complex data into metrics and outcomes that can be communicated to a diverse set of stakeholders including building owners and managers, policy makers, and other partners demonstrated ability to effectively manage programs (from planning to implementation and evaluation), particularly programs oriented to promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy to commercial or business audience.
- Considerable knowledge of and demonstrated experience utilizing ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for energy benchmarking is required. An active, professional credential certification focused on commercial building sustainability and/or energy efficiency (e.g., Professional Engineer, Certified Energy Manager, LEED AP) is preferred.
- Experience: Considerable (3 years) of professional experience directly related to energy efficiency, building, or sustainability management.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Equivalency: An equivalent combination of education or experience may be substituted.
- Salary Range: $62,873 to $103,034
- For information about Montgomery County’s comprehensive benefit offerings, please visit the MCG Careers Total Rewards webpage and check out our competitive benefits!
Please click "Apply on Company Website" below, and click on the “Search for Jobs at MCG" tab to view the complete job announcement and to apply. Be sure to read the full job description under the “General Professional" Job Category. Interested candidates must create an online account in order to apply.
- The requisition number is IRC55210.
- This Recruitment Closes September 1, 2022.
- All resume submissions must address the preferred criteria for the position,
which are listed in the full advertisement, preferably in a separate section of the resume.
Note: Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Resume Preparation Tips
listed under the “Resources” tab on the Office of Human Resource’s MCG Careers webpage.