When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) brings together partners across all sectors of society to co-create innovative solutions that address climate challenges primarily by restoring freshwater ecosystems and by catalyzing a renewable energy future for all.
BEF is an entrepreneurial nonprofit working on environmental solutions at the intersection of energy, decarbonization and water. Partnerships are key to our success. We build long-term relationships with businesses, utilities, community organizations, tribes and philanthropic partners by first understanding their goals and opportunities and then collaborating toward solutions that achieve measurable environmental benefits.
About the Renewables Program?
BEF’s Renewables Program partners with affordable housing providers, tribes, utilities, nonprofits, community groups, businesses and school districts throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Western Montana to bring projects to life.
Program priorities include community-scale solar, transportation electrification, low-impact hydropower, renewable hydrogen and other renewable energy technologies. BEF works as a catalyst to coordinate technical assistance, project development support and financial support for partners by leveraging funding from BEF and from local, state and federal programs. A core focus for the Renewables Team is developing projects that deliver meaningful economic benefits to underserved communities. We align our extensive industry expertise with our partners’ energy goals to achieve community impact today while helping solve tomorrow’s biggest sustainability challenges.
Who are we looking for?
Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) is seeking a Sr. ProgramManager for our Renewables Program. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment and has the skills and experience to contribute high-impact work that propels both BEF’s mission and our partners’ success.
This position is responsible for collaborating and coordinating with members of the Renewables Team to manage multiple projects, strategies, initiatives and programs aimed at increasing access to renewable energy and clean transportation. The Sr. Program Manager’s core responsibilities include building partnerships with a variety of stakeholders, utilizing technical skills to develop community-driven renewable energy projects and managing resources to support project goals.
Why Join Us? Our Values Are:
Innovation: We recognize the scope and pace of the change we need demands innovation, drawing on knowledge from the past and new information and tools.
Partnership: We believe we can accomplish more by working together.
Adaptability: We evolve, adapt, and apply what we learn to improve our approaches and outcomes.
Integrity: We are honest with our employees, customers, and our partners. We seek to deliver outcomes that benefit the environment and the people we serve.
Knowledge: We seek out and value diverse perspectives, embrace new ideas, and advance new approaches.
Community Solar Program Management:
- In collaboration with members of the Renewables Team, the Sr. Program Manager establishes and advances projects, partnerships, and funding to enable renewable energy projects.
- Secures and leverages funding available to support project development.
- Manages project partnerships, contracts, budgets, grants, and internal resources.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with project partners and stakeholders to build a pipeline of community solar projects.
- Proactively identifies and applies for project funding opportunities with philanthropic and public funders.
- Seeks out new partnership and project opportunities that align with BEF’s Renewables
- Program’s Mission and values.
- Engage with existing and prospective project partners, including businesses, government, nonprofit, and community groups to scope, formalize, and advance renewable energy projects.
- Identify funding opportunities to advance projects and partner’s goals.
- Proactive outreach to potential community, tribal and utility partners.
- Advocates for equitable access to, and participation in, renewable energy benefits for underserved communities.
- Identify new opportunities for the Renewables Program to pursue to achieve mission impact.
- Engage in relevant policy development to support program delivery and impact.
- Continually seek out new partnerships to advance Program goals.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external partners to maximize the value and impact of the program.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; and five to eight years related experience and/or training in business, renewable energy, public administration, community development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Job specific skills requirements:
- Experience working with diverse populations, tribes, community-based organizations, utilities, contractors, engineers and local, state and federal agency staff.
- Experience building partner and stakeholder relationships across different industries.
- Experience managing the development of projects and/or program management/development experience.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced team environment, managing multiple projects at once.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage project budgets, timelines, and metrics.
- Must have demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of all employee and company information.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary Range: $85,000-$95,000 per year, depending on experience.
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Life insurance for employees; 75% subsidized for family/dependents.
- Retirement plan with 5% employer matching contribution.
- Generous personal time off (PTO) and Vacation Policy including alternative care and self-care leave.
- Four Week paid sabbatical after first 6 years, then every 5 years thereafter.
- Opportunity to grow through training and development including a generous paid professional development budget.
- Hybrid work environment, with an expectation of some in office days each week at our home office location in Portland, OR.
Bonneville Environmental Foundation is an EEO employer.