When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
PND Engineers, Inc. is one of the country’s premier civil/structural consulting engineering firms. PND offers a broad range of civil engineering services, from building structural design to coastal engineering.
- Check out our website to learn more.
PND Engineers’ Seattle office is seeking a motivated individual to help our team facilitate development of important waterfront civil infrastructure projects. In this position, you will collaborate with PND’s engineers and clients, and with PND regulatory specialists in other offices to accomplish permitting of our civil and structural engineering projects in Washington and beyond. As Regulatory Specialist you’ll be involved in a wide range of permitting, environmental, and scientific topics to support both permitting and design of marine infrastructure, bridges, buildings and more. This is a full-time, year-round position with opportunity for growth.
- Plan for and coordinate efficient environmental and regulatory review and permitting of projects, including preparing applications to agencies and jurisdictional entities and by preparing and managing permitting schedules and budgets.
- Prepare necessary environmental documents, including NEPA documentation, biological assessments, alternatives analyses, development plans, etc.
- Coordinate development of permit drawings and environmental compliance plans with engineering teams.
- Collaborate effectively with our team of environmental professionals.
- Obtain necessary approvals for site investigation surveys and planning for surveys or assessments to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, agency personnel, and other key stakeholders.
- Manage or support management of external consultants undertaking surveys and studies to support the permitting process.
- Limited fieldwork may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree within a relevant field, such as environmental policy, planning, engineering, or natural sciences. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- At least three to five years of related permitting and land use experience preferred.
- Experience with USACE, NMFS, USFWS, and west coast State regulatory processes is helpful.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work seamlessly and cooperatively in team support and team leadership roles.
- Demonstrated initiative, self-direction, and professionalism.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Valid drivers’ license and good driving record required.
- Water/marine related project experience is helpful.
- Washington JARPA and Washington Dept. of Ecology procedures, Eelgrass delineation, wetland delineation certifications, or WSDOT Certified Senior Author of Biological Evaluations certification are a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
We are proud to have a diverse and inclusive workforce that values respect, honesty, teamwork, and good humor. Full-time employees enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, as well as 18+ days of paid time off (PTO) and 9 paid holidays annually. Time and a half overtime pay and discretionary year-end bonuses are part of our compensation package. Part-time and full-time employees may qualify to participate in our industry leading 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan (no employee match required).
PND Engineers’ new location is in the urban village community of Eastlake in close proximity to freeway access and within walking distance of restaurants, the University District and Lake Union. We offer dedicated free parking and bike lockers, and Metro’s Route #70 stops one block away. With plenty of natural light and areas for open collaboration, our offices provide a comfortable and balanced work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled