When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ North American Invasive Species Management Association (NAISMA), nonprofit organization, is a network of professionals challenged by invasive species: land managers, water resource managers, state, regional, and federal agency directors and staff, and nonprofit organizations. ~
- Our mission is to support, promote, and empower invasive species prevention and management in North America.
- Our vision is to have North America’s lands and waters protected from invasive species.
- NAISMA's programs aim to provide the support, training, and standards needed by the professional invasive species management community.
NAISMA announces an employment opportunity for a 3⁄4 time Program Manager position to administer the PlayCleanGo® Program.
PlayCleanGo is an international education and outreach campaign for outdoor recreationists developed to promote awareness, understanding, and cooperation by providing a clear call to action to be informed, attentive, and accountable for stopping the spread of invasive species. The PlayCleanGo program needs a Program Manager with creative ideas for program growth and who thrives in a fast-paced and creative team.
While NAISMA’s office is in Milwaukee,Wisconsin, this position can be executed via telecommuting from anywhere if the successful candidate has demonstrated capacity to do so. This is a 1-year, non-salaried contractor position, renewable depending on the successful candidate’s performance and the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate grant projects and partners to meet deliverables and deadlines;
- Conduct outreach to recruit new partners, especially from Eastern US states;
- Write content and solicit content for internal and external PlayCleanGo communications;
- Manage PlayCleanGo social media including creating and scheduling content
- Facilitate committee meetings and work with NAISMA committee chairs and the Board of Directors to achieve program goals;
- 2019 PlayCleanGo Summit Coordination: facilitate sessions, posters, communications and logistics;
- Travel to annual meeting and additional travel to present and / or exhibit program;
- Develop and control project and program deadlines;
- Lead and evaluate program activities including outreach, media and graphic design development;
- Identify new outreach and partner opportunities; evaluate outreach and partnership success and make recommendations for improvements;
- Prepare grant reports and contribute to new grant proposals.
- Experience managing an invasive species education and outreach program or related environmental outreach program;
- Some knowledge of invasive species, their causes, and ways of prevention;
- Thorough understanding of project and program management techniques and methods;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, AdobePro, and Google software;
- Working knowledge of online project management or related platforms;
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills and problem-solving abilities
- MA / MS in management, biology, environmental studies, or a related field and / or experience managing invasive species programs; BA / BS ok with several years related experience;
- Preferred 3-year minimum experience as a Program Manager or comparable position;
- Experience with invasive species prevention or management or related field is a plus.
- Estimated 1-year contract will be in the range of $32,000 - $42,000 depending on the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Interested candidates, please click "Apply" below to email a single pdf file with a resume or CV and cover letter with 2-3 references by COB Tuesday, July 30, 2019 with the email subject: “PlayCleanGo Program Manager Application”.