When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ The Synergy Company is a manufacturer and direct-to-consumer retailer of certified, organic, high integrity dietary supplements. ~
Since our inception over 25 years ago, we have grown in stature to become one of the most highly regarded brands of certified organic supplements in the international marketplace. We are frequently recognized as a leading example of sustainable business practices and are deeply committed to supporting our local communities in Boulder, CO and Moab, UT.
What You Will Do:
The Synergy Company has built a strong foundation of in-house marketing capabilities and is ready to give its corporate sales function the same attention, specifically in product and category management and key account and channel management. Therefore, we’re seeking a talented VP of Sales and Marketing to lead this new development while fostering the ongoing growth of the Pure Synergy® brand in our core DtoC channels. As a key member of our executive team, your strategic contributions will play an essential role.
- Job Location: Boulder, CO
- Employee May Telecommute: No
- Required to Travel: Yes
- Minimum Experience Required: 7-10 years
- You will be the front-line executive responsible for Synergy meeting its revenue forecasts and creating and driving the strategy to do so.
- You will develop the right mix of MSRP pricing, discounts, offers and incentives to meet or exceed desired variable profit margin goals.
- From a strategic perspective, you will drive a fundamental shift in revenue generation. Following years of “marketing driven” growth, you will balance that with a proactive, “Managed Sales” approach by developing new sales-related core competencies for the company.
Branding & Marketing
- You will oversee and scale brand awareness while maintaining Synergy's well-defined brand standards and core values.
- You will develop winning customer acquisition, retention and digital marketing strategies that deliver a customer-centric, premium experience for our end-users.
- You will provide creative direction and help drive the creative expression of Synergy's unique brand story.
- You will be a full executive team member and contribute expertise in strategy and financial analysis.
- You will have a good understanding and concern for all functions of the organization.
- Your personal and professional competencies will bolster the executive team, contributing to productive, deeply collaborative relationships.
Who You Are:
You’re a proven brand-builder and product advocate at every level and know how to generate “brand awareness bang” without relying on overly generous marketing budgets. Additionally, you have a proven track record as a sales leader and a “producer”, having been the driving force behind successful strategies and initiatives that have grown companies and revenue. You have an eye for raw talent, having built successful sales and marketing teams, and the ability to inspire and corral that talent into a harmonious, productive force. Finally, you have a personal affinity to health and wellness and are excited to join a successful, high-integrity company with a deeply held mission.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Wide range of CPG marketing experience, preferably in the premium, health and wellness category
- Experience as a contributing member of an executive team with strong strategic thinking and management skills
- Experience building and managing in-house marketing and sales teams
- Up-to-date digital marketing expertise through having directed digital advertising campaigns, PR campaigns, social media and influencer campaigns across a variety of platforms
- Up-to-date understanding and proven skills in deploying analytics and database driven marketing across multiple sales channels
- Strong project management and team-management skills
- A “true believer” in the value of building loyal direct-to-consumer relationships that endure over the long term
- Creative, enthusiastic and fun
Note: The Synergy Company cares about its employees and offers excellent internal promotion opportunities and flexibility for life’s occurrences. We consider every employee and customer a member of the Synergy Family and treat each with respect, integrity and the opportunity to better themselves, not only in their career but also in their physical well-being.