When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The VERBIO Nevada Biorefinery, located in Nevada, Iowa (USA), is the first industrial scale renewable natural gas (RNG) facility in North America using agricultural residues as its feedstock. The plant is 100% owned by VERBIO North America Holdings Corporation.
RNG production from corn stover began in December 2021 with the completion of Phase I, at a capacity of 7 million ethanol gallons equivalent (EGE) per year. Upon completion of Phase II in the 4th quarter of 2022, the site will begin operating as a biorefinery, producing 60 million gallons of corn-based ethanol and an additional 19 million (EGE) of RNG from stillage. The integration of RNG and ethanol production, unique to VERBIO, incorporates advanced operational technology currently practiced at the company’s facilities in Germany. The process also yields humus, a soil amendment, and organic fertilizers.
WHAT WE WILL EXPECT FROM YOU
The Operational Excellence Engineer - Biogas will be instrumental in optimizing our plant processes. This person will work in tandem with our Nevada, IA and South Bend, IN plants to identify areas of improvement and standardization. The ideal candidate will have a technical background with a passion for technology as well as strong communication and process improvement skills. This position is open to remote candidates with the ability to travel frequently to both plant locations as well as to candidates located on site in Nevada, IA or South Bend, IN with the ability to travel to the other location.
- At least 5 years experience in biogas/ethanol/oil/chemical industry
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or an equivalent field
- Experience with process standardization, improvements and optimization
- Travel to Nevada, IA & South Bend, IN on a routine basis
- Preferred Requirements:
- Ability to work independently regarding daily activities
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both in writing and orally
- Interest in technology and technology improvements
- Experience working with international teams a plus
- Act as central control & evaluation of US based production units
- Mass balance and energy balance for process units
- Plan & implement optimization projects in US plants in collaboration with production teams
- Work with business partners to achieve operational excellence across US plants
- Evaluate, document and analyze plant data to identify correlations for optimization and problem solving
- Prepare projects documents for our EPC department
- Work together with EPC teams in projects
- Commission new units & plants
- Assess new technologies as they become available
- Control and document plant improvements
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Starting salary is based on candidate experience, education and market pay for the role in the region. As a team member at Verbio North America, you’ll also enjoy:
- Comprehensive benefits package beginning day one, including health, dental, vision, life insurance.
- Company paid short & long-term disability coverage as well as AD&D.
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick time with additional leave plans
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days of paid vacation time
- 5 sick/personal days
- Automatic 5% employer contribution into a 401(k) account after 90 days.
- Career advancement and bonus opportunities
- Career Development: on-the-job training and skills development.
MORE ABOUT US
VERBIO Vereinigte BioEnergie AG (VERBIO AG), with headquarters in Leipzig, Germany, is a leading independent manufacturer of biofuels and bioenergy in Germany and Europe. The company began producing biofuel in 2001 and today has approximately 900 employees at its locations in Germany, Poland, Hungary, India, USA and Canada producing biodiesel, bioethanol and biomethane (renewable natural gas), as well as feed, bio-fertilizers and other high-value by-products for the nutrition, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries, all on an industrial scale. VERBIO concentrates on the use of internally developed innovative and efficient energy-saving production processes. With its innovative processes and highly efficient production plants, VERBIO is a technology leader in the biofuels market.
In January 2018, VERBIO AG formed its US subsidiary, VERBIO North America (VNA), with headquarters in Livonia, Michigan, USA. VNA plans to build, own, operate, and finance biofuel facilities across the United States and Canada.
Energy production from renewable resources is the key component of the world’s future energy mix. Renewable raw materials have the potential to permanently replace fossil fuels and simultaneously solve the problem of surplus agricultural production in North America and elsewhere.
It is VERBIO’s goal to be a leader in 21st century alternative green energy solutions. As we consolidate and expand our position as one of the world’s leading biofuels producers, we will leverage our technologies and the value of agriculture to create renewable and sustainable solutions globally, while pursing solid growth and responsible relationships with our stakeholders: farmers, customers, employees, shareholders, partners, researchers, consumers, governmental entities, and interest groups.
VERBIO North America is committed to the principle of sustainability and treats natural resources in a socially responsible and ethical manner. Using the latest technologies, developed in-house, we are creating sustainable alternatives for a world whose desire is to move away from fossil fuels. Our business model endeavors to ignite change and create platforms where the path to green energy is contagious.
With our fuels cutting greenhouse gas emissions by up to 90% compared to fossil fuels, we are showing the way forward in climate protection. And with a vision for a greener future, we are building strong competence centers and competitive production facilities in different parts of the world, while our employees partner alongside farmers to safeguard the environment for current and future generations.
- Be creative, innovative, ethical, and fast in execution.
- Partner with agriculture to safeguard land and natural resources for future generations.
- Create enthusiasm around sustainability and renewable energy production.
- Empower employees to develop & execute upon big ideas.
- Be good citizens in our local & global communities.
- Never stop technological improvement.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the requirements of this opportunity and want to impact our mission, we encourage you to apply now. A resume is required when applying, cover letters are optional and professional references may be requested later on in the hiring process.
Note: Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a background check and drug