When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Eslinger Biodiesel Incorporated (EBI) is the newest Bio-fuel Refinery and Distribution Center in America. We are currently under construction in Fresno California and after commissioning, we will be manufacturing commercial quantities of high quality biodiesel and refined Glycerin for California consumers.
Biodiesel B-100 is a clean burning fuel produced from biomass such as algal oils, seed oils, animal fats and waste vegetable oil. The glycerin byproduct we produce will be refined to 99.7% pure and utilized by California’s paints and plastics industries.
The Biodiesel Chemist is a lead role in the organization and will be responsible for laboratory management, compliance, and quality control at the Fresno facility. The person in this position will develop net positive technical and economic strategies for processing chemistry specific to feedstocks, biodiesel, and glycerin streams. They use their knowledge of chemical reactions and processing techniques to transform oils and fats into biodiesel that meets industry standards. The job involves designing and implementing experiments, collecting, analyzing, trending and archiving data, and maintaining laboratory equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, train, and mentor direct reports: one lab tech.
- Structure quality control program for 24/7 operations including training operations personnel to perform test methods.
- Optimize quality control of all products by reviewing day to day, in process test data for accuracy and assurance that they are maintained within established parameters.
- Maintain compliance with Separated Food Waste Plan.
- Inspect validate, and endorse Certificates of Analysis for all finished products.
- Monitor and assess data and efficiency of lab operations on an ongoing basis and provide feedback to Plant Manager and staff to ensure all data is accurate and in compliance with production requirements.
- Ensures Laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated to achieve accurate results for daily production.
- Provides OEM preventative maintenance schedules required to maintain all lab equipment.
- Create, review, and audit all required lab Standard Operating Procedures (SPOs) to ensure compliance with ASTM, BQ9000, OSHA, environmental, transportation, and any other regulatory agencies.
- Creates and implements the required personnel training and testing materials and schedules for each piece of laboratory equipment and test method.
- Ensures that the lab is kept clean and organized. Develops and maintains annual Quality Control program budget.
- Creates purchase requests and is responsible for gaining approval from management for purchase of chemicals and equipment necessary for supporting daily laboratory functions.
- Understand requirements for BQ9000 lab certification, create a plan and path to achieve certification status.
- Supports research and development of biodiesel process and production.
- Provide and utilize all PPE required for job role, test method and task.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 10 years of on-the-job and/or academic experience in a functional testing and development role.
- Ability to contribute to the creation of a positive and energetic work environment and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of all applicable industry, quality, and regulatory standards and specifications pertaining to the Biodiesel industry.
- Familiarity with analytical techniques such as gas chromatograph, HPLC and NMR.
- Knowledge of chemical reaction kinetics and thermodynamics.
- Understanding of process engineering principles, such as fluid dynamics and heat transfer.
- Computer skills and minimum basic knowledge of using Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Background in use of statistics and ease of using statistics in data analysis and inference of conclusions.
- Ability to prepare and communicate analytical and compliance information to management on an ongoing basis.
- Ability to provide on-time testing, analysis, reporting, and recordkeeping to support production needs.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass background check, physical, hearing and DOT drug test.
- BS or greater in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering;
- Or equivalent proven 10+ years of experience in biodiesel production chemistry and quality control with a high level of understanding of strategic biodiesel-specific feedstock processing.
- Salary: $76,000-$85,000 per year.
Eslinger Biodiesel, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer