When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At Carbon Direct, we dedicate our scientific, software, and business expertise to empower organizations around the world to take climate action. Join us on the journey to get to net zero!
- Enable organizations to reduce, remove, and utilize their emissions with carbon science.
- We are a purpose-driven carbon management firm dedicated to helping organizations around the world reach their climate goals. We make carbon science accessible and actionable with our end-to-end platform.
Global citizens with global impact:
Whether a scientist, developer, or carbon markets expert, we are united by our mission to take climate action now. We are experts in our fields and we act with confidence. Located across 4 countries and 10+ states in the U.S., we offer both remote-friendly work options and dynamic, in-person experiences with offices located in Seattle, WA and Oakland, CA.
Diverse backgrounds bring diverse perspectives:
We recognize that teams with diverse backgrounds and different experiences are powerful. Bringing together a variety of perspectives only enhances how we can effectively address the climate crisis. Together, we are creating an environment where everyone is celebrated and anyone can succeed.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to primarily help calculate carbon footprints for clients, in line with existing standards and protocols. Ideally, the analyst will identify opportunities to improve existing data models that can be incorporated into our core product offering. We want somebody who is adept at leveraging machine learning to identify reduction opportunities, compare outcomes against industry averages, and guide product development. While the role will be initially focused on carbon measurement, we are seeking a motivated analyst who wants to expand into other parts of the business, and is also able to manage bespoke client data problems. The role will require close collaboration with multiple teams within Carbon Direct (especially science, product, technology, and customer success).
Location: San Francisco, Seattle or Remote.
- Calculate and analyze carbon footprints.
- Work with the product team on automation.
- Monitor and stay updated on carbon measurement standards and protocols.
- Compare carbon footprints against industry averages to identify areas for improvement.
- Manage and solve unique data-related issues for our clients.
- Visualize data findings using tools such as Tableau, Looker, or Data Studio, presenting complex data in a way that is easy to understand.
- Use data to help drive decisions and strategies for reducing carbon footprints.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in data analysis, machine learning, and carbon measurement.
- Strong experience using SQL.
- Basic proficiency in Python and familiarity working with Jupyter Notebooks. Some familiarity with R is a plus.
- Familiarity with Python’s most common data libraries (e.g Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn).
- Some proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, and/or Data Studio.
- Basic familiarity with machine learning and LLM models, with an interest in learning more.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience and/or interest in carbon measurement is helpful.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with a team.
- Passion for solving climate problems and a keen interest in sustainability.
- $109,000 - $133,000 a year
While we love our work, our lives aren’t defined by it. At Carbon Direct, we offer a robust benefits package that considers the whole person, their partners, and their families – and we’re always looking to improve.
- Our U.S. benefits* include:
- Comprehensive nationwide medical, dental, and vision coverage. See a preview of our coverage here.
- Time off as needed: Flexible vacation policy and ten company-wide holidays, plus annual winter break between Christmas and New Year's.
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental and family leave with no tenure requirement.
- Remote-friendly work culture with annual company-wide retreats.
- Reimbursement for your work-from-home setup and monthly work-from-home stipend.
Please note: The benefits described apply to U.S.-based employees only. For our international employees, our benefits package varies by each country and its statutory requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Carbon Direct is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. We adhere rigorously to our equal employment opportunity policies in connection with all employment decisions, including hiring, compensation and promotion.