When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At Covanta, the work we do is more than just a job. It’s a commitment to environmental problem-solving and sustainable progress. We do all that we can to safeguard the future of our people, our planet and our shared prosperity. We are a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions.
Our modern Waste-to-Energy and material processing facilities provide municipalities and businesses sustainable alternatives to landfill disposal that help build a circular economy and use waste to generate clean, renewable electricity. Building a safer, smarter world is no simple task, but it is something we can achieve together. Join us in protecting tomorrow.
Join us in creating a sustainable future and becoming a protector of tomorrow!
Covanta Niagara, located in Niagara Falls, NY, seeks a dedicated Instrumentation & Controls Technician who will be responsible for managing all phases of electrical and control equipment throughout the plant.
This includes preventive, corrective, emergency, warranty service, etc. throughout the facility. Identifies, repairs, and documents electrical equipment malfunctions. Familiar with and have skills to troubleshoot DCS systems, PLC's, VFD, motor control circuits, transmitters, flow meters, level controls and burner management systems. Calibrates mechanical and electrical instrumentation, installs and tests new equipment in accordance with safety standards, conducts predictive analysis of electrical and instrumentation systems and equipment and update Preventive Maintenance System and work orders. Willing to perform other duties as assigned to assist the maintenance department. Must be willing to be on-call and work variety of shifts to meet plant needs.
- Competitive Hourly Pay Rate will be offered to well-qualified candidates for this opportunity.
Annual Bonus Pay and Comprehensive Company Benefits are included.
- Medical Insurance & other Benefits begin DAY ONE of Employment.
- Start with 3 weeks of vacation a year!
Some responsibilities will include:
- Operating and maintaining the instrument and control test, calibration and repair areas and all equipment and tolls assigned.
- Helping to redesign instrumentation, control and electrical systems, as required.
- Monitors burning, as appropriate.
- Performs general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the facility.
- Performs other duties as required.
- To be considered for this position, 5 years or more of hands-on experience is preferred with electronic/electrical and pneumatic systems and equipment in an industrial environment.
- Energy from Waste experience or Power Plant experience desired.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and/or formal technical training.
- Familiarity with Programmable Logic Controllers and Distributive Control Systems are also required.
Other expectations of the position would include:
- Vacation relief.
- Act as crane spotter when necessary for the maintenance group.
- Assist in developing and executing the pit plan.
- Calculating and reporting bunker inventory on Mondays.
- General house keeping.
- Other items deemed appropriate by Supervision and / or Operations Manager.
Note: You must be legally authorized to work in the country where this job is located and not require any sponsorship assistance from Covanta.
EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability / Covanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.