When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At the Center for Sustainable Energy our vision is a future with sustainable, equitable and resilient transportation, buildings and communities. Transforming markets to clean energy requires wide-ranging program leadership layered with initiatives that advance individual behaviors – and we’re skilled at both.
Whether you’re a seasoned environmentalist or someone who’s always wanted to be part of a greater movement for a sustainable future, you’ll be in good company at CSE. From project managers to energy efficiency gurus, EV enthusiasts to data nerds, we’re each doing our little part to make a big impact.
We move at the speed of business and operate with the heart of a nonprofit. This means we have a strong corporate infrastructure that includes finance, information technology, human resources and marketing functions that work together with our program administration teams to achieve our mission.
Join our team of passionate professionals forging the path to decarbonization!
The Sales Director will be responsible for reviewing, revising, supplementing, and executing the plan to capture program planning and administration contracts flowing from the multibillion-dollar EV and EVI investment currently being planned by the federal government.
- Review and, as necessary, supplement/revise the federal and 50 state go-to-market strategy for CSE’s Caret software platform and program-related services, including software-enabled program design and administration, marketing, and quantitative and qualitative program evaluation and analysis.
- Expand and nurture senior-level relationships with entities in the EV/EVi ecosystem, including EV charging companies, OEMs, dealerships, utilities, trade associations, potential resellers and partners, other private sector stakeholders seeking to participate in the EV/EVi markets, and state and local government funding entities.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and surplus objectives.
- Integrate sales effort with existing business development and marketing functions.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented mission-driven environment.
- Lead go/no go evaluation process for RFPs and, as appropriate, proposal response teams.
- Collaborate with the general counsel’s office to lead the negotiation of major contracts.
- Oversee management of CRM and required executive and board-level sales process reporting.
- Engage as appropriate in public-facing presentations that drive brand, establish leadership and deepen market penetration.
- Remain current and knowledgeable on EV and EVi market trends, changes and policies.
- Oversee internal cross-departmental collaboration required to create and deliver compelling, domain and operating experience-infused selling initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field.
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in related industries/fields with a proven track record of meeting sales targets for new customers and existing customer expansion.
- 2+ years of experience in managing a sales team.
- EV and EVi project-related experience is a plus.
- Software sales experience is a significant plus.
- Software-enable service sales experience is a significant plus.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
- Possess excellent verbal and written presentation skills in both face-to-face and virtual settings.
- Comfort with, and communication and management skills for executing in a fast-paced environment with tight timelines and active internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of EVs and EVi technology and the competitive landscape preferred.
- Willingness/eagerness to travel for face-to-face engagement with prospects and clients.
Affirmative Action - CSE’s policy is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religious grooming or dress practices, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
E-Verify - CSE participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information to confirm U.S. work authorization.