When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Summary of Role
SunPower is seeking a Financial Analyst to join SunPower’s Financial Services team in Austin, TX. This role will perform day-to-day funding functions of collating, analyzing, updating and validating data models to be submitted to investors / internal teams, perform validation and reconciliation of data from multiple data sources using Microsoft excel, ensures compliance and accuracy of all the data processing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This role requires strong analytical skills, keen attention to detail and willingness to learn and adapt. This role also has regular interaction with cross-functional teams in the organization and requires clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with business leaders and senior members of the finance team to develop regular and ad-hoc reporting including informal and formal internal and reports, graphs, charts and presentations.
- Identify opportunities to build efficiencies of current processes and streamline collection, preparation, and distribution of data.
- Develop and maintain financial models in support of the quarterly and annual forecasting process – including “what-if” scenario analysis.
- Practical knowledge in problem-solving through mathematical/statistical analysis with large data sets across multiple data sets.
- Perform functions/tasks assigned by leaders from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics or related area of study.
- 0-3 years of working experience in finance
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Proficiency in all other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic with the ability to proactively manage diverse relationships and multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Comfortable to contribute in a fast-paced, growing global company
- Detail-oriented and capable of driving multiple activities/tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of renewable energy technologies, solar markets and related regulatory issues is a plus, but is not required
- Based in Austin, Texas
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.