When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Founded in 1982, World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity, and human well-being.
About the program:
The High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People (HAC) www.hacfornatureandpeople.org/home is an intergovernmental group of more than 100 countries—co-chaired by Costa Rica and France, with the United Kingdom as Ocean co-chair— championing a global deal for nature and people with the central goal of protecting at least 30 percent of the world’s land and ocean area by 2030. The 30x30 target is a global target which aims to halt the accelerating loss of species and protect vital ecosystems that are the source of our economic security.
As a Grants & Finance Specialist, you will manage grants, contracts, and budgets for the HAC Secretariat. This includes developing, managing, and monitoring grants and contracts; developing budgets; tracking and updating budgets; preparing financial and implementation narrative reports; processing invoices; and managing and monitoring subawards. To ensure best practices, you will work with WRI’s central finance teams, including the cost and pricing team, grants and contracts team, and accounting team.
You will report to the HAC Secretariat Director. Employed by the World Resources Institute (WRI), the position will be based in Washington, DC. The HAC Secretariat is co-hosted by WRI and the Global Environment Facility.
Location: This position will be based out of Washington DC and will be a hybrid model of remote and required in-office work 2-4 days a week. Existing work authorization is required at the time of application submission. WRI is unable to sponsor visa work authorization for this position.
What you will do:
Grants and Contracts Management (50%)
- Negotiate, prepare and maintain grant and contract agreements with donors and contractors
- Monitor program/project performance against contract requirements and deliverables and ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of grants and contracts
- Monitor the life of grant reporting requirements and prepare detailed financial and narrative progress reports for donors and ensure that all reports are submitted promptly
Financial Management (40%)
- Develop fiscal year and funder budget forecasts on a yearly basis in coordination with the Director
- Regularly review, update, and monitor all transactions, commitments, and revenue prospects to support healthy financial management and help prepare for quarterly projections and reviews
- Follow WRI’s internal processes and deadlines related to funding, including quarterly reviews, monthly & annual closeouts, and annual budget planning
- Update and maintain project budgets utilizing WRI’s budgeting and forecasting software (TM1)
- Process documentation for project commitments (i.e., agreements, contracts, work orders, and purchase orders)
- Advise team on budget management, raise and address any financial issues in coordination with managers
What you will need:
- Education: You have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field
- Experience: You have a minimum of 3+ years full-time relevant work experience in grant administration, financial management or operations, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- You have proven experience organizing and managing detailed and complex budgeting structures, donor reporting and/or grant or financial management
- You have experience with oral and written communication, working with international teams or projects
- You have experience using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), especially Excel along with writing, database management, and proofreading. Budgeting experience with Excel, or other budgeting software is highly desirable.
- You have experience handling multiple projects with varying deadlines as well as rapidly changing priorities
- Languages: You have fluency in English, with additional common languages (e.g., French, Spanish) a plus
- Requirements: Existing work authorization is required where this position is based. WRI is unable to authorize visa work authorization
What we offer:
- A competitive salary: The potential salary range for this position is 69,000 USD - 78,000 USD if filled by a candidate located and legally able to work in the US.
- Access to the WRI global network with the opportunity to exchange with and learn from passionate colleagues working at the cutting edge of their fields across Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America and the United States.
- The chance to have an impact and to develop your career within a mission-driven organization with access to varied learning and training opportunities.
- A workplace that strives to put diversity and inclusion at the heart of our work.
- The opportunity to join and get involved in different working groups and affinity groups to shape the future of WRI.
- Long-term commitment to hybrid working model with flexible working hours.
- Generous leave days that increase with tenure.
More About Us:
We are working to address seven critical challenges that the world must overcome this decade to secure a sustainable future for people and the planet: climate change, energy, food, forests, water, sustainable cities, and the ocean. WRI has a global staff of over 1,800 people with work spanning 60 countries. We have offices in Africa, Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Colombia and the United States, as well as a growing presence in other countries and regions.
The foundation of our work is delivering high-quality research, data, maps, and analysis to solve the world’s greatest environment and international development challenges and improve people’s lives. We work with leaders in government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action and create change on the ground. Equally important, we bring together partners to develop breakthrough ideas and scale-up solutions for far-reaching, enduring impact.
Our mission and values:
WRI’s mission is to move human society to live in ways that protect Earth’s environment and its capacity to provide for the needs and aspirations of current and future generations. Our values are shared ideals that bind us together: Integrity, Innovation, Urgency, Independence, Respect.
WRI is committed to advancing gender and social equity for human well-being in our mission and applies this principle to our organizational and programmatic practices. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace all diversity and encourage women, the LGBTQ+ community, persons with disabilities, Afro-descendants, and Indigenous people to apply. Recognizing our strong commitment to gender equality, WRI has been awarded EDGE certification.
Note: Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume with a cover letter (in English) by April 28, 2023. You must apply through the WRI Careers portal to be considered.