When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Boston Building Resources (BBR), a consumer co-op established in 1978, sells new building materials to its members and the general public. Kitchen cabinetry, window, and door sales are core lines of business. Over the years we have built an exceptional reputation for stylish, functional, on-trend kitchen design and deep expertise in window and door sales.
We have a strong repeat and referrals business, the result of our customer-centric design process and strong attention to detail. As a consumer co-op, we are a source of honest, unbiased information, and are dedicated to empowering our members to make the most informed decisions possible. We provide education on product options, design advice, and work to guide our members through the process with care and attention to detail.
The Co-op Special Order Sales Assistant at Boston Building Resources will provide sales support to senior product specialists, facilitate customer transactions at the retail counter, and assist in fulfilling on-line orders. This is a full-time, hourly position. The role is onsite at our location in Roxbury Crossing.
- The position reports to the Co-op Retail Manager and works closely with product specialists.
- Provide sales support to the kitchen, and window and door product specialists. This may include, but is not limited to:
- schedule and confirm client appointments
- articulate BBR’s differentiated offerings to prospective clients
- assist product specialists with developing order details
- coordinate deliveries
- provide post sale support.
- Facilitate customer transactions at our retail counter
- Develop a thorough knowledge of our products and services
- Pick, pack, and ship online orders
- Serve as first line of customer service for online customers
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of construction materials and basic building technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone. Diplomatic and tactful under pressure
- Ability to self-motivate, work independently and as part of a team.
- Team player who brings a positive, goal-oriented approach to their work
- Exceptional attention detail
- Ability to anticipate customer and colleague needs
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft Teams, Zoom
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., move bulky objects safely, and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to speak a language other than English is a plus
Salary and Benefits
Boston Building Resources offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, short- and long-term disability insurances, vacation, sick, and personal time, as well as the opportunity to participate in our 401(k) plan after one year of service.
More About Boston Building Resources
Boston Building Resources includes a consumer co-op and a nonprofit Reuse Center.
The Co-op sells new materials, including semicustom cabinetry with kitchen design services, windows, doors, energy-conservation products, environmentally friendly products, and hard-to-find specialty items. As a consumer cooperative, the business focuses on quality and service over profit.
The Reuse Center takes in donations of good-quality used and surplus building materials and sells them at steeply discounted prices. Additional discounts are offered to those who meet income guidelines. Reusable materials are spared from the landfill and sold at prices everyone can afford.
Please click "Apply" below to email your resume.
Boston Building Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity among our employees and customers, and we strive to create an inclusive, thriving workplace that values each member of our team.