When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
WHO WE ARE
We believe this moment requires transformative change.
The climate crisis is here. And Black, Indigenous and people of color have been bearing the burden of our pollution-based economy for generations. We have the solutions to stop climate change, but we lack the political will to do it at the rate and scale that’s needed.
EnviroVoters exists to build the political will and power to solve the climate crisis, use climate action to advance justice, and create a global roadmap. To protect our water, land, air, and our most vulnerable communities, we organize voters, elect and train candidates, and hold lawmakers accountable for bold policy change. Our vision is to build resilient, healthy, thriving communities, and create a democracy and economy that is just and sustainable for all.
EnviroVoters Education Fund, EnviroVoters’s 501(c)3 sister organization, works through programs focused on voter engagement and mobilization, issue advocacy, legislative accountability, and research and opinion polling to provide the public, policymakers, and environmental advocates with the resources they need to make California’s air, water and natural resources cleaner and greener through the democratic process. For more information, please visit www.envirovotersedfund.org.
The work of EnviroVoters and EnviroVoters Ed Fund to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social, and environmental justice. Engaging Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, among other key constituencies for the environment is an organizational priority. Within the organization, we aim to create a workplace culture and policies and practices that demonstrate how we value equity and inclusion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Employment Type: Full-Time Exempt
- Wage: A competitive base pay of $60,000 - $80,000
- Department: Political
- Reports To: Deputy Legislative Director
- Position Location: Sacramento
- Work Schedule: Four Day Work Week: Two (2) days in office, two (2) days remote, one (1) day Paid time off. However, there may be certain circumstances, like pressing deadlines or peak business periods, where it becomes necessary for the organization to temporarily switch to a five-day work week.
- Vaccine Policy: We require all staff to be fully vaccinated
- Lead EnviroVoters’ regulatory advocacy including advocating for the implementation of EnviroVoters’ sponsored bills and other laws which the organization supports. This job opportunity includes significant with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and regional air quality boards, as well as strategic engagement with the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC), and the California Energy Commission (CEC).
- Serve as EnviroVoters’ main liaison with State regulators including attending hearings and workshops to relevant rulemaking decisions or implementation steps, as well as directing engagement and meetings with key targets, staff, and decision makers.
- Track regulatory action at state agencies which advance environmental and environmental justice policy priorities.
- Lead EnviroVoters’ implementation campaign for SB 253 at CARB, the organization’s sponsored bill to require large corporations to report their greenhouse gas emissions.
- Work with the Deputy Legislative Director to ensure all of EnviroVoters and EnviroVoters Education Fund regulatory policy efforts are consistently aligned and are working to meet the organizations’ strategic direction and legislative priorities.
- Work with the Deputy Legislative Director and Legislative Affairs Manager to identify opportunities that align the organization’s legislative advocacy with regulatory priorities, and to identify opportunities to employ advocacy strategies in the legislature that would benefit regulatory policy priorities, and vice versa.
- Work with the Legislative team to inform the organization’s policy positions on clean air and clean energy issues, including providing recommendations for positions on legislation that would impact regulatory decision making for clean air and clean energy.
- Work cross-departmentally within EnviroVoters to ensure that organization staff and leadership, regional partners, EnviroVoters’ members, donors, and the general public are all educated and engaged on regulatory decisions and actions.
- Perform policy research on policy issues related to regulatory priorities.
- Provide technical assistance and support to other states working to pass or implement California clean energy policies
- Maintain and develop strong partnerships with allies and build relationships with key progressive coalitions to effectively work with them to support our policy priorities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
To be successful in this job, you must possess the following qualities and experience:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of environmental policy, the California policy making process, and the political landscape in California, with a focus on clean air and clean energy.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of how environmental policy decisions made at the state level can impact disadvantages communities and communities of color who are disproportionately impacted by environmental harms.
- Exceptional relationship cultivation, communication, networking, and interpersonal skills and experience.
- Strong initiative, drive, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Strong written and oral advocacy skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work effectively individually and as a team.
- Exercises sound independent judgment and decision making.
- Thrives on change, innovation, and teamwork.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click "Apply on Company Website" to apply through our careers portal. Please note that a cover letter and resume must be provided for consideration and that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you! Thank you for your interest in EnviroVoters!
WHAT ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in this cutting-edge organization. California Environmental Voters offers 15-25 vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays, 8 winter/summer holidays, 1 week off between Christmas and New Year, 5 days of bereavement leave, health and dental benefits, section 125 plan, a 401(k)-retirement program with up to 3% employer match; flexible spending account (FSA) for health care expenses; subsidized commuter program; and optional life insurance.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At EnviroVoters, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workspace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other roles.
EnviroVoters and EnviroVoters Ed Fund has a deep commitment to equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. EnviroVoters invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our organization.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions, please contact email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.