When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Why Join the Willdan Team:
We are motivated to solve some of tomorrow’s biggest obstacles – especially those in energy and infrastructure. Our employees want to make a difference, and we have the aspiration, resources, and technical know-how to do it. Our rapid growth and successes over the past five decades stem from our ability to think big while also paying special attention to project quality and customer service.
Willdan's work culture blends the stability of an established organization with a reputation for quality, flexibility, and opportunities of a progressive, growing company. We value and enjoy the opportunity to come to work every day and make a real, positive impact on our society and the environment.
Who We Are:
Willdan is a nationwide provider of comprehensive solutions that help organizations evolve and thrive as natural resources and infrastructure change. Since 1964, our team of experts in energy, engineering, safety, financial and strategic planning, microgrids, and software offer best-in-class services ranging from electric grid optimization to energy efficiency to energy design assistance.
Using this collective expertise, we have delivered over 100,000 projects to public agencies, small businesses, healthcare, hospitality, and educational facilities. We provide program administration and assistance to improve grid resiliency to over 50 investor-owned utilities.
Willdan is seeking an Building Energy Efficiency Consultant to join our innovative and creative team in several locations. The Building Energy Efficiency Consultant will play an important role in the support and implementation of new construction energy efficiency programs. This will include consulting on individual new construction projects as well as developing tools, energy efficiency measures and delivery strategies to support the programs. Responsibilities will include gathering the information needed to analyze energy saving options using energy models; coordinating project work deadlines and meetings; managing expectations of design teams and program managers; and providing consultation and presenting work to project teams including owners, architects, and engineers.
- Work directly with the technical support team on research, analysis and development of energy efficiency measures, strategies, and tools. Incorporate new learnings into energy efficiency programs for new construction markets.
- Assist with internal policies and framework for preparation of project feasibility reports and workpapers that are consistent with requirements that govern energy efficiency programs.
- Perform energy simulation analysis and deliver model results.
- Prepare reports detailing energy modeling results and design advice.
- Communicate energy conservation measures effectively to both technical and non-technical project team members to assist them in making informed design decisions.
- Partner with project managers to ensure high quality results and deliverables.
- Develop and utilize a deep working knowledge of regulatory policies covering energy efficiency programs.
- Knowledge of building design, construction processes, and/or building operation.
- 1 to 5 years of demonstrated experience with hourly simulation tools such as DOE-2, EnergyPlus, or IESVE, and building energy analysis: interpreting complex information; performing cost/benefit analysis; making strategic recommendations to guide decision-making based on the analysis; assessing consequences and impacts of alternative system options.
- Above average competence with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel for data analysis and energy simulation support.
- Previous experience developing and supporting energy efficiency measures, strategies and deliveries in IOU sponsored energy efficiency programs.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, physics, and mathematics.
- Knowledge of energy codes and standards (ASHRAE 55, 62.1, 90.1, 189.1, IECC).
- Professional Engineer or Registered Architect or qualifications to enable achieving licensure.
- Any of the following industry related certifications:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP)
- LEED Accredited Professional
- Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP)
- Commissioning Authority (CxA)
Minimum 4-year degree in technical field such as Architecture, Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Construction Management, Building Science or closely related field
- Salary Range: $60,000.00 To 90,000.00 Annually.
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Willdan is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, religion, military service or veteran status, disability, medical condition, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic testing, reproductive status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Willdan does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify us.
Willdan Group, Inc. participates in E-Verify.