When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Sonoma Clean Power (SCP) is a not-for-profit public agency that serves residents and businesses in Sonoma and Mendocino counties with clean energy from renewable resources, such as geothermal, hydroelectric, wind, solar & biomass. ~
By providing higher percentages of renewable energy that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, our customers are helping to solve the climate crisis at the local level.
We’re invested in the communities we live and work in. We deliver services that enhance quality of life through competitive pricing, improved air quality, and beneficial customer programs. By changing the way our communities source energy, we’re able to deliver customer programs that make a difference in everyone’s life.
- Want to be a part of our dynamic team?
- Visit our website to learn more about SCP and the differences we are making in our communities!
- Are you ready to lead the charge in shaping the future of local clean energy? Join Sonoma Clean Power (SCP) as a Strategic Energy Resource Policy Manager!
SCP is on the lookout for a dynamic and experienced Strategic Energy Resource Policy Manager to play a key role in delivering on our Mission to turn the tide on the climate crisis, through bold ideas and practical programs. As the community-owned electricity provider for Sonoma and Mendocino counties, SCP is at the forefront of California's clean power transition, and we need an innovative thinker like you to join our team!
- Work Location: Hybrid remote in Santa Rosa, CA 95404
As our Strategic Energy Resource Policy Manager, you will work under the CEO to advance SCP’s critical power resource development through developing strategy, informing and advocating for supportive transmission planning, project interconnection, and the many other technical aspects of enabling power generation and storage resources.
- The Strategic Energy Resource Policy Manager will work across the organization with SCP leadership and staff in some or all functions related to power supply planning, demand load forecasting, risk management, and regulatory and legislative policy.
- This position will develop significant subject matter expertise in SCP’s energy policy and will be required to work independently on various projects as they come up, including:
- topical research,
- developing advocacy positions,
- commercial analysis & decision-making, and
- interfacing with stakeholders in policy related matters.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, engineering science, energy, statistics, or related field(s) and ten (10) years of increasingly responsible, relevant energy procurement and policy experience;
- experience with ISO/RTO issues and renewable project development preferred; and
- knowledge and personal contacts at CAISO preferred.
More About Sonoma Clean Power (SCP)
SCP is not just an electricity provider; we are a catalyst for change. We procure electricity from clean, renewable sources including solar, wind and geothermal. Our commitment to clean energy has made us a leader in the industry, and we've been providing an optional 100% local renewable source since 2014.
Visit www.sonomacleanpower.org to learn more about SCP.
- Salary is $160,000.00 - $230,000.00 per year
Please click "Apply" below to email a cover letter, resume, and references as a single PDF.
THE SONOMA CLEAN POWER AUTHORITY IS AN EEO/ADA EMPLOYER