When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Brunswick is a strategic advisory firm focused on critical issues. Our purpose is to help the great value-creating organizations of the world play a more successful role in society.
We advise on critical issues at the center of business, politics and society, and help our clients – the leaders of large, complex organizations – understand and navigate these interconnected worlds.
Brunswick is one firm globally, operating as a single profit center. This allows us to respond seamlessly and effectively to clients’ needs wherever they are in the world.
Inclusion and Diversity at Brunswick
Maintaining and strengthening a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace are pillars of Brunswick’s culture and key to our future success. Valuing and supporting every colleague as an individual while helping them reach their full potential is critical to attracting and developing our greatest strength – our people. By embracing our differences and diverse perspectives we create richer experiences within our firm and enhance the quality of the ideas and advice that we deliver to our clients.
Associate, Business and Society
Brunswick is seeking talented individuals with experience in and a passion for how purpose, social value creation, and ESG are transforming the future of business to join Brunswick’s Business and Society team.
Stakeholder demand for businesses to act responsibly and lead on social value has exponentially grown over the past few years. Now, more than ever, it is no longer an option for businesses to ignore engaging on social issues core to their future business success. At Brunswick, we recognize that corporate resilience today requires creating social value alongside financial value, credibly. Our Business and Society team advises the world’s leading companies on how to address these critical societal issues core to business resilience and meet the ever-increasing social value expectations of stakeholders.
Brunswick’s unique position as a critical issues firm working at the intersection of financial, social, and regulatory/political issues allows us to help our clients stay ahead of change, deliver meaningful impact, and build resilience, to play their role in the world more successfully.
What you will do:
The Associate will play a senior role across the development of our practice, people, clients and business. The candidate will drive and support the development and growth of our global Business and Society practice group, with a particular focus on our client’s operating in the United States.
This role requires 8+ years of experience in order to support the delivery of c-suite level client engagements across a variety of industries, initiate and lead engagement workstreams alongside other team members, support junior team member development, and contribute to thought leadership work on critical issues, and ultimately to the overall performance and impact of the firm.
Specifically, the Associate will:
- Support the delivery of client engagement workstreams which generally include aspects of research, benchmarking, internal and external engagement, issue analysis, business case development, business transformation, organizational design and implementation support
- Drive impact with clients; anticipate client needs and deliver superior results by leveraging their capabilities to build high performing teams
- Apply knowledge of disruptive social value trends and competitor activity to drive continuous innovation and critical thinking in client engagement work
- Support the development of ongoing new approaches, methods and tools to optimize the client experience and strengthen value creation
- Help build relationships across a diverse network of relevant social value stakeholders from the public and private sectors to increase the success of the Business and Society practice and engagement with our clients
- Coach junior team members to stretch their capabilities and ensures they have access to the right resources to deliver results
- Support pitch preparation and business development opportunities
- Engage and collaborate with colleagues across the firm at all levels to bring different expertise, thinking and perspectives
- Write thoughtful, well-structured content including supporting the development of strategic thought leadership, considering style and tone of communications for different audience targets
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline with a focus on sustainability, ESG, social value or a related field with experience in one or more of the following preferred: circular economy, climate change goal target setting and/or implementation, sustainable finance, ESG due diligence, labor and workforce topics, diversity, equity and inclusion change management, supply chain operations, and / or ESG governance
- 8+ years of relevant work experience preferably in a consulting firm, NGO, strategic PR agency with a similar focus, and/or related corporate function
- Experience working with and briefing company c-suite and executive leadership
- Proven track record of supporting business development efforts (i.e., proposal development) and practice development and growth
- Experience supporting the development of new methods and tools
- Experience leading and supporting the development of thought leadership aligned with strategic practice priorities (i.e., articles, reports) and organizing thought leadership for a (i.e., bringing together experts to provide new insights on a relevant topic)
- Experience managing and mentoring junior practitioners, particularly in a remote environment
- Strong enthusiasm for learning and curiosity, creative problem solving, and the ability to think strategically and critically
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; client service-orientation
- Ability to operate in fast pace, high-performance, client service environment with high emotional intelligence, kindness, and a terrific sense of humor