When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
HowGood is an independent research company with the world's largest database on product sustainability. With more than 33,000 ingredients, chemicals, and materials assessed, HowGood SaaS and impact data offerings help leading brands, retailers and investors improve their environmental and social impact.
Through in-depth, ingredient-level insights into factors ranging from greenhouse gas emissions to animal welfare to labor risk, HowGood data powers strategic decision-making for the sourcing, manufacturing, merchandising, and marketing of sustainable products.
HowGood is seeking a talented and driven Python lead who enjoys working collaboratively to deliver useful solutions to complex problems. We are looking for a candidate with vision, but also somebody who rolls up their sleeves and becomes a can-do executor, driving features to success and routing around roadblocks in a pinch. You will take on a leadership role in our group’s efforts to improve the performance and code quality of our applications. You have equal parts interest in coding standards, DX, and on-time feature delivery, with the background to prove it.
- Develop new features and assist in their design
- Work with all teams and senior management on product strategy, feature design and infrastructure development
- Maintain high code quality standards
- Implement best practice automated testing systems and continuous improvement processes for development
- A strong point of view who can communicate their opinions to the team, as well as senior management
- 5+ years experience with Python/Django in a fast-paced production environment
- Passionate about code optimization
- Understanding of security risks with APIs
- Experience with building restful JSON web services
- Excellent relational database skills with PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with: Elasticsearch, Git, Docker, AWS, Kafka/message bus tech
An ideal candidate will also have experience with:
- Setting up Kubernetes (K8s) systems on AWS
- Experience with pandas library or similar
WHY WORK AT HOWGOOD?
- Competitive salary, health benefits & paid vacation
- Office in Upstate New York, but remote work is fine
- Flexible, relaxed but fast moving environment
HowGood has the world’s largest sustainability database and has recently completed the build for a new data model that allows for unprecedented flexibility in building metrics that help decision makers the world over understand the impact of their choices. Whether we are supporting NGO’s, business leads, product developers or individual shoppers, we help people understand the impact of their choices. Our model allows us to build metrics for measuring the impact of externalized costs faster and better than ever before.
Applicants for this role should be excited to participate in creating new understandings, supporting better decision making and helping to change the world.
- Competitive benefits package available, with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HowGood is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We aim to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.