When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Aztalan’s story is just beginning, and you can be part of it! ClonBio Group acquired Wisconsin’s largest ethanol plant in 2022 located in the village of Aztalan, just outside Jefferson, WI. The facility will process 40 million bushels of locally grown feed corn per year, turning that into food-grade corn oil, vegetable protein concentrates and isolates for food applications, aquaculture feeds, renewable natural gas, organic fertilizer, ethanol, and dietary fiber for foods, among other things. We are scheduled to start the facility in the fall of 2023 and are currently hiring!
Aztalan’s sister facility, Pannonia Bio in Hungary is one of the most technologically advanced grain biorefineries in the world. Over the next several years, Aztalan will invest hundreds of millions of dollars into a biorefinery transformation every bit as innovative as Pannonia’s but uniquely suited to Wisconsin’s strengths. Aztalan Bio is owned by ClonBio Group who is family-owned and invests in their people for long-term success. We have a dedicated internal team of engineers and scientists from 23 countries and 5 continents, an investment in people that explains why ClonBio’s biorefineries are so technologically advanced.
Position Overview for Agriculture Biofuels Co-Products Sales Rep
The process of producing ethanol results in products such as distillers grains, gluten feed and gluten meal. These co-products are valuable corn and soybean meal substitutes in rations used around the world to feed beef and dairy cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, fish and other animals. The Co-Products Marketer is responsible for marketing co-products and establishing feed customer relationships while supporting the goals and objectives of the commodities group and the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells wet and dry co-products as required with a focus on direct farmer purchases.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with area end users through consistent communication and farm visits.
- Coordinates logistics and scheduling for delivery of products to end users.
- Assists with updating a database of competitor bids, capacities, and shipping hours.
- Assists with maintaining a regional corn supply/demand estimate.
- Communicates co-product contract types offered to farmers and recommends a contract type to meet the needs of individual farmers.
- Enters sales contracts into the grain accounting system.
- Bachelor's degree in business, agriculture, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the grain and/or ethanol industry.
- Strong knowledge of commodities markets and trends.
- Strong understanding of the grain merchandising process.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to use for farm visits.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- The work environment is an office setting as well as traveling to farms approximately 40-60% of the time.
- Employee will be required to stand, walk, and occasionally lift supplies, products, or equipment is required.
- Employee must be able to operate a motorized vehicle.
- This position may enter the plant environment, in which the employee may be exposed to moderate to high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, and/or to chemicals used in the process.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.