When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Minnesota Valley Testing Laboratories, Inc. located in New Ulm, MN is a diversified analytical testing laboratory serving the food, environmental and agricultural industries.
Founded in 1951, MVTL is a diverse group of chemical and biological analytical laboratories offering environmental, agricultural, food science and energy technology testing services. Centrally located in the Midwest and serving customers throughout the US and Canada, we are certified by a host of regional and national agencies. Your satisfaction with our uncompromising data quality, prompt service and competitive fees is the reason behind our long history of success.
Ensuring safe food and feed supply by:
- Extracting and analyzing food and feed products
- Sample and reagent preparation
- Data processing and documentation
- Daily responsibilities vary
The primary responsibilities of the Organic Laboratory Technician role include sample and reagent preparation, data processing and calculations through use of LIMS.
- Expected hours: 40 per week
- Work Location: In person
- Follows method and SOPs.
- Performs extractions on Wisconsin DRO/EPA DRO soils and waters, 608 and 8081/8082 pesticides, 8270 base/neutral acids and TCLP samples.
- Performs dilutions and prepares standards.
- Uses accelerated solvent extractor to extract appropriate soil samples.
- Performs maintenance on instruments.
Education & Experience Requirement
- B.S or B.A. degree in Chemistry or Biology; or equivalent laboratory experience is preferred.
- GC and HPLC experience preferred
- Company culture emphasizes teamwork to provide accurate timely data to our customers. Our diversity allows for growth opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer