When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Boralex is a major player in renewable energy specializing in four sectors of activity: wind, solar, hydroelectricity, and storage.
We have been based in Kingsey Falls, Quebec, Canada, for 30 years and have since expanded our horizons and established our business in the United States, France, and the United Kingdom.
On our planet where electricity is central to fighting climate change, we have a responsibility to produce it sustainably for future generations.
- At Boralex, we provide renewable and affordable energy for all, creating value to share with our partners.
- To achieve our missions, we rely on the best of our strengths.
- Thanks to our fearlessness, our discipline, our expertise, and our diversity, we continue to be an industry leader.
- And we do it with pleasure.
You are recognized for your initiative, efficiency, and knowledge of renewable energy production. You are passionate about your work, and you thrive on working in a dynamic and multi-disciplinary workplace. You have an interest in putting your leadership skills forward to manage production sites in operation. You would like to join a dedicated and pioneering team of experienced professionals in the renewable energy field.
Reporting to the Wind Operations Manager, the Wind Turbine Performance Engineer will be responsible for anticipating, identifying, and then eliminating or mitigating any potential issues that would affect performance and negatively impact the energy output of our turbines, as well as strategy with the Energy trader to increase revenue. In your role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manipulate and analyze wind turbine SCADA data and other sources of information, including revenue data, pertaining to our operational wind farms.
- Interpreting data to provide actionable solutions to any type of issues we are facing in our sites.
- Support delivery of failure investigations / RCAs and contribute to a continuous improvement process of our route cause analyses investigation.
- Contribute to development of new services, tools, and interfaces to ease asset optimisation.
- Write proposals and technical reports to support site manager regarding O&M services.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, business, energy, or other related field is required or relevant field experience.
- Minimum 6 years of experience focused on utility-scale wind turbines.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), project and time management skills.
- Fluent in MS Office.
- Solution oriented thinking skills and high integrity.
- Exceptional business and technical skills, and a customer-focused, entrepreneurial mindset.
- Supportive and proactive team member, eager to work in a collaborative environment and inspire others, as well as work on self-directed independent projects.
- Proven HSE mindset and demonstrated behavior-based safety mentality.
- Experience with the following is considered an asset: data science, statistics, SCADA historians, e.g., PI, Power TI dashboards, Project management, applying machine learning to solve engineering problems.
- Mobility is required for this position as you will have to travel to sites regularly in Texas and New Mexico (up to 25% of the time). A truck and phone will be provided for professional use.
AT BORALEX WE OFFER
Boralex fosters a culture of sustainable performance in its day-to-day activities.
We are committed to operating in a manner that is consistent with our business objectives. We are taking action for growth and long-term profitability by making our stakeholders’ satisfaction a priority. Therefore, continuous improvement is at the core of our practices and drives us to set clear, ambitious and quantifiable goals.
Our strength lies in our team’s synergy and diversity. Through autonomy, trial and error and our collaborators’ empowerment, our teams embody a culture of sustainable performance. Our human relationships are based on transparency, inclusion and caring. That work environment enables us to enjoy working together every day. Each and every day, we make sure everyone can grow and contribute to Boralex’s mission.
- Contribute to the growth of a company that’s actively involved in energy transition.
- Add your talent to an agile work team.
- Expand your knowledge through continuous learning.
- Keep fit with a membership allowance at a sports centre of your choice.Spend more time with your family thanks to a flexible and independent schedule.
- Plan your life beyond your career thanks to a pension plan to which Boralex contributes.
- Boralex, beyond renewable energy! Be the source of our energy!