When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The ICA has served the Chicago community since 1972. We focus on community-based economic, social and environmental programs – see www.ica-usa.org.
- Do you have a passion about addressing community sustainability?
- Do you have experience in moving your vision to practical action?
- Have you created programs that address social and environmental issues?
- Do you use facilitation skills to lead groups to implementation?
- If so, this position may be for you.
About the work
The Program Coordinator for the Institute of Cultural Affairs (ICA) will be responsible for creating and growing the organization’s programs. The Coordinator collaborates closely with the Executive Director to ensure that all programs are mission-oriented and sustainably effective. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about working with all ages, particularly focused in the Uptown community of Chicago, and have the ambition to take on additional duties and responsibilities as the organization grows. Top candidates will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with schools, organizations, and community partners.
- Compensation: $45,000 annually
- Time Commitment: Full Time
- Start Date: January 2024
- Work setting: On-site
- Regularly rehearse big picture perspective and practical vision for solutions
- Effectively communicate ICA mission of sustainability with local and global communities
- Establish partnerships with school and community organizations
- Design and facilitate programs by leading workshops, and implementing strategies
- Communicate regularly with partners to manage, evaluate and improve program effectiveness
- Manage instructors and interns to deliver programs
- Expand and enhance all of ICA’s programming
- Ensure quantitative and qualitative data
- Communicate the stories of ICA programs through writing regular reports and presenting on social media
- Increase revenue contacting donors, writing proposals and compiling annual report
- Ten years or more in variety of programs related to community or organizations
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in nonprofit management, youth development, education, or related field
- Experience with social media
- Knowledge of CPS and the Chicago school systems
- Experience working with schools or extra-curricular setting with K-12 youth
- Self-starter with the desire to help our non-profit to expand its outreach
- Model being a life-long learner by being flexible and open-minded
- Provide sample of written communication skills
- Experience hosting large events
- A passion for and knowledge of the Chicago community
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy e.g., MS Office and social media
To be considered for this position a candidate must be able to provide evidence that they are fully vaccinated with one of the CDC-approved vaccines of Moderna, Pfizer, or Johnson & Johnson.
Please click "Apply" below to email a current resume and cover letter stating interest and the skills you have to offer.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
ICA is committed to creating an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment. ICA is committed to working together with communities through celebrating diversity, welcoming all, and standing against systems of oppression. Applicants from all underrepresented groups, including people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and DACA recipients are encouraged to apply.