When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
People. Planet. Community.
Dairy’s journey starts on the farm, and the road we travel demonstrates our unwavering commitment to sustainable nutrition, as our farmers provide lasting and meaningful nourishment to people, the planet and our communities, both urban and rural.
ABOUT DAIRY MANAGEMENT INC.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 31,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
The individual in this role will manage the Measurement and NZI Modeling Pillar within DMI’s Environmental Research Team and will lead execution of a research program focused on measuring and communicating environmental sustainability to create value for the dairy industry through environmental reporting. The 2050 Goals and NZI are central to the future of the dairy industry and developing a platform for reporting against environmental stewardship goals along with driving a long-term strategy to advance Farm ES as a comprehensive tool for assessing on-farm environmental status are key elements of this position.
This position reports to the SVP of Environmental Research & Impact and will support the research agenda (aligned with the 2050 Goals and Net Zero Initiative), execution of the research strategy and engage in mentoring and advancement of staff. The position will work across DMI as well as with key external stakeholders (such as National Milk Producers Federation-NMPF). The VP will represent US dairy in US and global forums and serve as spokesperson and technical expert to promote and protect US dairy in sustainability dialogues.
- Work collaboratively with National Milk Producers Association and Environmental Research staff to develop a long-term strategy for upgrading Farm-ES to enable inputs from other models (carbon nutrient cycling, water quality, enteric, etc.) as well as integration of practices, technologies and other logical additions pointing toward a farm-based tool for assessing the environmental footprint and running scenarios for to farmers to make strategic decisions regarding adoption of practices and technologies. Provide strategic development of data needs, evaluation and uses particularly for environmental reporting and sustainable food systems research.
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to lead the development of a reporting platform for measuring the impact of US dairy every five years and connecting back to the 2007 baseline to create a methodology for reporting progress to the 2050 Goals. The ability to effectively collaborate with industry, government and NGOs to facilitate and develop research in support of sustainability reporting on behalf of the U.S. Dairy Industry is critical to success.
- Provide LCA guidance, expertise and integration within the Measurement and NZI Modeling Pillar.
- Manage, mentor and support the professional development of direct report(s).
Education & Experience:
- MS in agriculture or related field with PhD preferred
- Direct experience with agriculture or related environmental accounting methodologies
- 5-10 years’ experience in developing research programs, publishing research and managing agricultural research teams preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Research background and experience with analytical method development and/or technology transfer of analytical methods
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can translate complex science into credible, engaging information to educate expert and scientific thought leaders
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated capacity to be self-directed within a team and have passion for collaborative efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and technical skills essential
- Ability to manage through ambiguity; comfortable with change
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally approximately up to 35% of time
Note: The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
We know that in order to meet our goal of growing dairy demand, we need the best people. We offer competitive compensation and generous benefits to help our employees balance their work and personal lives.
Our comprehensive health and welfare plans offer medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability and flexible spending accounts (health care, dependent care, transit and parking). Our 401k provides up to a 10% match and includes a Roth account. DMI reserves the right to change or end its benefits plans or programs at any time.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to the principles of diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Note: We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.