When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
CR&R Incorporated is one of Southern California's most innovative and successful waste and recycling collection companies, serving more than 3 million people and over 25,000 businesses throughout Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Imperial, and Riverside counties.
- In addition, we also have operations in AZ, CO, NV, OR, UT, and WA. Check out our website to learn more.
As a Sustainability Specialist, you will be a key player in collecting information about waste-stream management and sustainability practices to inform and educate various decision-makers. You will also be a key representative for the company in several community organizations focusing on positive public relations.
Responsibilities include creating marketing and outreach media, such as brochures to communicate sustainability issues, procedures, or objectives, and creating or maintaining plans or other documents related to sustainability projects. You will also be maintaining, analyzing, and interpreting various reports. This position also fosters and maintains positive working relationships with our customers and community stakeholders by participating in various local charitable and business organizations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain the established tracking, monitoring and reporting for municipal contract compliance.
- Work effectively with city staff and consultants to ensure contract compliance.
- Interface with residents, commercial/industrial customers, civic/non-profit/community members, governmental agencies’ staff, school officials, media and members of the general public on service issues and/or concerns.
- Ability to “sell” recycling programs and maintain participation of programs.
- Implementation and communication of external/internal public education and community outreach programs (i.e. commercial recycling, construction recycling, school programs, special event recycling, etc.).
- Perform waste audits on commercial and multi-family accounts.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual progress reports for cities.
- Compile data and prepare diversion reports for submission to assigned cities.
- Provide facility tours and coordinate scheduling.
- Act as representative at various community and governmental agency meetings (chamber, civic, community events and council meetings).
- Other tasks as assigned to you
- Salary: $64,480/year
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications or Environmental Science
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal, public speaking, and writing skills
- Ability to train and educate the public on environmental programs
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal, written communications skills and presentation skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
C R & R is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.