When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Founded in 1990, The Green Restaurant Association, an international nonprofit organization, has pioneered the Green Restaurant® movement as the leading voice within the industry, encouraging restaurants to green their operations using transparent, science-based certiﬁcation standards.
With its turnkey certiﬁcation system, the GRA has made it accessible for thousands of restaurants to become more environmentally sustainable in Energy, Water, Waste, Food, Chemicals, Disposables, & Building.
Operating in 47 States and Canada, the GRA works with restaurants, manufacturers, and distributors to fulfill its mission of greening the restaurant industry. The GRA has been recognized in thousands of media over the years, including Time Magazine, CNN, New York Times, Washington Post, NPR, Fox News, & NBC Nightly News.
- Check out this short video to learn more!
SUSTAINABILITY INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW
- Location: Boston, MA
- 3-6 Month Internship
- 20 Hours per Week
- Start date: flexible
- Assist in the recertification process of hundreds of Certified Green Restaurants
- Complete market research on composting and recycling services nationwide
- Track energy and water usage information from within the restaurant industry
- Perform research and data compilation of green products and services
- Various other tasks assisting the GRA Consulting team
- Sustainability, Environmental Science student preferred
- Has work experience in the sustainability field
- Interest in restaurants, food service, and sustainable food practices
- Completed or pursuing a Bachelors degree
- Excellent communication skills (experience making professional phone calls required)
- Interest in sustainability
- Ability to take direction and work independently
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Detail oriented
Please click "Apply" below to email the following:
- Cover letter
- Send video URL describing why you are well-suited for this internship. (Video should be no longer than 2 minutes)