When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Bozeman Green Build is a leading provider of affordable solar PV systems, with extensive experience working with ag producers, small businesses, local and state government, and families across the West.
From design to sourcing to installation, BGB is committed to helping our customers reduce their energy costs and work toward energy independence. We've installed roof-mount, ground-mount, and pole-mount systems on everything from single family homes in Sidney, MT to the Great Falls Armed Forces Reserve Center.
Bozeman Green Build Inc is looking for a Solar Installer! WOMEN, Non-native English speakers, and Veterans are encouraged to apply for this Solar Photovoltaic Install Technician job!
As a Solar PV Installer your responsibilities are to work as a member of a crew in the installation of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on roofs and ground-mounted structures.
Our installers are integral members of our installation crews who work in a team environment organizing and performing safety equipment placement, array layout, racking installation, and module placement.
Installers and their teams ensure accurate and timely solar PV installations, update manager on project and specifics, and utilize best installation and safety practices.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB WILL REQUIRE COMMUTING TO BELGRADE, MT.
- Assemble all components of solar PV systems
- Structural mounting of racking and PV equipment
- Trenching, concrete work and equipment assembly
- Maintain inventory of equipment for each solar installation
- Maintain clean work site
- No previous solar installation experience required
- Minimum 5 years construction experience with references
- Farming and/or ranching background a plus
- Familiarity with forklifts, skid steers and excavators a plus
- Experience working on sloped roofs
- Experience with fall protection equipment
- Ability to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
- Ability to climb ladders and work on rooftops, and be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in extreme outdoor conditions (example: hot sun, wind, cold, rain, snow) and in confined spaces (crawl spaces, attics, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel to remote job sites with occasional stays out of town
- Must have working vehicle
- Must have a current driver's license
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must have working smart phone
- Bozeman Green Build Inc offers competitive salary and benefits (vacation pay, holiday pay, sick pay, health insurance). Pay starts at $25 per hour.
Bozeman Green Build Inc is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.