When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
~ Advanced Green Technologies (AGT),headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, FL, is an experienced, award-winning commercial solar energy contractor specializing in the design, procurement, and construction of rooftop, carport, and ground mounted renewable energy solutions for clients in high-wind zone areas like Florida and the Caribbean. ~
With over 200+ megawatts installed and a healthy pipeline, AGT is looking to partner with an experienced Solar Energy Project Manager to oversee the planning,execution and closing of secured commercial solar projects. This is an opportunity to work on high-profile commercial solar projects throughout the state of Florida. Top pay and $10K sign-on bonus for qualified candidates.
- Review Contract requirements, Plan, organize and schedule the activities of construction managers and subcontractors to achieve project objectives
- Perform procurement for all materials and equipment
- Coordinate shipments and stocking of inventory as needed
- Develop and send out bid requests to Engineers and Subcontractors, Vendors, evaluating the responses to award contracts based on price, value, experience, customer service, etc. and manage vendor relations *Construction
- Manage financial aspects of projects including, Client Billings,Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, invoicing and cash flow forecasts
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed
- Liaison with building owner to facilitate construction activities
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site foreman to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget;investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Clients
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials,subcontractors, security, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures,standards, etc., are adhered to. Interpret policies as required
- Maintain official project log and documentation files
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Contract review to understand project requirements and constraints
- Review Engineering drawings to ensure proper system design to meet customers’ needs and deliverables of contract
- Facilitate weekly project meetings and track actions items
- Risk Planning and mitigation throughout project life cycle
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing commercial construction projects (solar preferred)
- Excellent communication, presentation and follow up skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment
- Participate in local community, non-profit, or governmental activities/organizations for both company business development and personal improvement
We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.