When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Green Century Capital Management (Green Century) is the administrator of the Green Century Funds, the first family of fossil fuel free, responsible, and diversified mutual funds in the U.S.
- Our firm is growing and we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our dynamic team.
- For more than 25 years, Green Century has been the standard bearer of responsible investing, and no other fund can match our environmental and public health impact.
- Green Century uses a unique three-pronged approach to deliver impact and competitive returns.
- Invests in sustainable companies: Instead of investing in the most environmentally-reckless companies in the world, the Green Century Funds invest in environmental leaders and innovators and companies leading their industries in their environmental, social and governance performance ratings.
- Leads an effective shareholder advocacy program: Our team of shareholder advocates directly presses several dozen companies every year to improve their corporate sustainability practices.
- Supports environmental and public health nonprofit organizations: Green Century is the only mutual fund company in the U.S. wholly owned by environmental and public health nonprofit organizations, and 100% of the profits we earn managing the Green Century Funds can be used to support their work.
Working closely with Green Century’s shareholder advocacy team, the intern(s) will be responsible for researching how climate change and environmental issues affect a broad range of industry sectors, will help develop the business case for environmentally sustainable practices, and will help profile companies that are leaders in clean energy and environmental sustainability.
Specific issues may include but may not be limited to: renewable energy procurement, greenhouse gas emission reduction, climate change, deforestation and cross commodity supply chains, and sustainable farming and seafood. Through this experience, intern(s) will be exposed to sustainability challenges in a variety of industries, learn how to benchmark corporate practices, and develop strong research and presentation skills. Intern(s) will also be exposed to the growing field of environmentally and socially responsible investing, including the relationship between corporate sustainability, financial performance, and fossil fuel divestment strategies.
Specific responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist shareholder advocacy staff in preparing for corporate environmental campaigns
- Research and analyze areas of environmental risk facing various industries in order to identify those companies most at risk
- Draft compelling, concise business cases for environmentally responsible business practices at specific companies for use in shareholder resolutions and company dialogues
- Assist in the shareholder resolution filing process
- Draft content for press releases and website pages
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations to highlight shareholder advocacy and impact work
- Grow and update the media database and track media coverage
- Assist in media outreach to promote new tools, press releases, webinars, etc
- Assist marketing team with social media to enhance Green Century’s role and recognition
- Assist marketing team with updating and creating new website pages
- A demonstrated commitment to environmental issues, and an interest in environmentally responsible business practices
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- An ability to work both as part of a team as well as deliver independent projects
The position will require a minimum of 15 hours per week up to 20 hours per week in the spring and fall, and between 30 to 40 hours per week in the summer. Office hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday. Intern(s) must complete work within that time frame and on a regular schedule. Days are flexible depending on student schedule and program needs.
The position is compensated through the MassCEC Internship Program for those who qualify. Candidates must be registered through the MassCEC internship program database.
- Please click "Apply" below to email a cover letter, résumé, and work or writing sample.
- Specify position and timeframe in subject line.
Green Century Capital Management is an equal opportunity employer.