When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At GreeNexus Consulting, we provide the knowledge, skills, and tools to help you incorporate sustainability into your projects and daily processes. We fill in existing gaps to help project teams excel and drive sustainable market transformation.
As of our 12th anniversary in 2023 our project consultation services, ranging from large office buildings to small fire stations, have garnered more than 100 LEED certifications– including eleven LEED Platinum awards – totaling more than 10 million feet of space. In addition to LEED, we are proficient at certification in SITES, WELL, Fitwel and the Living Building Challenge.
GreeNexus has a unique culture that springs from our essence of collaboration and inclusion that inspires altruistic outcomes. We take pride in our deep responsibility to our clients. It is the flexible way we deliver outcomes that inspires play, creativity, and acceptance in each other. This culture recently earned our CEO, Amanda Tullos, one of the Houston Business Journal’s Most Admired CEO Award. GreeNexus has been awarded the 20th ranking on the notable Cougar 100 List. This list, compiled each year by the University of Houston, recognizes and celebrates the top 100 fastest growing companies led by U of H alumni worldwide.
GreeNexus is seeking a Senior Sustainability Consultant/Project Manager to join our team! We are looking for someone to aid in the managing of consultation and certification of ‘green’ building projects. The ideal team member would be highly collaborative, detail oriented, and can manage multiple project timelines and budgets effectively. An ability to work independently and remotely at times is a must. This position requires that you be a US Citizen and that you live in the Houston area. This will be a remote/hybrid position.
- Conduct on-site verifications to confirm compliance with applicable rating system/goals.
- Quality control check documentation before submission to certification entity. Coordinate review comment responses.
- Stay current on the latest green building technologies and materials. Research and interpret applicable green building codes.
- Maintain high quality client relationships. Monitor financial health of project.
- Assist, as needed, in writing proposals and business development activities. Prepare presentations and other learning content, as assigned.
- Participate in appropriate industry, professional and community organizations.
- Complete other ad hoc tasks, as needed.
Required Qualifications/Industry Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental design or planning field such as architecture, construction management, or building-related engineering disciplines.
- 5+ years of experience in sustainability consulting.
- Third party green building credential - LEED AP - required
- Experience with managing the building certification process from onboarding through certification for certifications such as LEED, SITES, WELL, Living Building Challenge, and others
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal codes as well as requirements stemming from hot / humid conditions.
- Technical knowledge in the building industry and ability to navigate most aspects of design and construction.
- Solidly computer literate and able/willing to work in a PC office in person or remotely
- Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project
- Adobe Acrobat
Preferred Technical Skills/Certifications:
- Graphic design skills
- Research background in sustainable materials, green building systems, energy efficiency, etc.
- Project Management experience
- Experience with:
- Renewable energy technology sizing and analysis
- Lighting design experience
- Life cycle analysis
- Energy Modeling
- Corporate Sustainability Reporting (ESG)
- Highly Collaborative and team oriented and the ability to work independently.
- Passion for sustainability and comprehensive understanding of green building strategies and systems.
- Ability to effectively work remotely and engage regularly with GreeNexus team
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Open to learning new things and excited to share knowledge with others. Ability to mentor and teach other team members.