When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Kirksey is an architecture firm with a culture that values great design, environmental stewardship, diversity, and most of all, our employees.
In addition to great design, hard work, and having fun in the process, Kirksey values the personal and professional development of each employee by supporting individual initiatives and ambition. This empowerment, freedom, and entrepreneurial spirit supports long term careers at Kirksey.
The Building Performance Analyst will work with Kirksey’s design team members and project consultants to assess the energy performance of early design schemes, analyze daylight and views, conduct lifecycle cost analyses of HVAC and material options, whole building lifecycle assessments, evaluate photovoltaic feasibility, and create final energy models, daylight models, and required documentation for LEED compliance. Other responsibilities include sustainability and building performance research, post-occupancy evaluations, and training architectural staff on building performance modeling software.
The ideal candidate will have professional or academic experience (demonstrable through prior projects or coursework) with some of the following software:
- An early design phase building performance modeling tool such as Cove.tool, ClimateStudio, or Sefaira
- A later phase energy modeling program such as eQuest, Open Studio, IES, Trane Trace, Design Builder, or EnergyPlus.
- Daylight modeling and lighting design programs such as Climate Studio, Radiance, Diva, Honeybee, or AGI32.
- Whole building lifecycle analysis programs such as Tally, One Click, or Athena.
Locations: Houston, Austin & Dallas
- Bachelors or graduate degree in architecture, engineering, sustainability, building sciences, or a related degree.
- Close familiarity with the LEED rating system (LEED AP or LEED Green Associate preferred). Familiarity with the Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard, Fitwel, and SITES rating systems is helpful.
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Bluebeam or Adobe Acrobat. Skills with Adobe Creative Suite are helpful.
- Ability to learn new software, building codes, and standards quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of people across multiple teams.
- Detail oriented with an ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Dependable and able to work without close supervision.