When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
East Point Energy develops standalone, grid-scale energy storage projects that enable a more renewable, resilient, and affordable electric grid. East Point is currently developing gigawatts of energy storage projects throughout the country and has transacted on several hundred megawatts with some of the largest, most sophisticated energy investors in the country.
The firm’s executive team founded East Point in 2018, bringing decades of combined energy development experience and over 1.8 gigawatts of solar, wind, and energy storage projects currently in operation across the United States.
East Point is technology and contractor agnostic, allowing us to find the best solution for each project. Our nimble team is comprised of hard-working, strategic problem solvers who are passionate about sustainability. Success for East Point is measured by delivering affordable energy storage solutions that benefit the grid, communities, and our environment.
The Senior Project Developer is responsible for developing energy storage projects and managing the project teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Prospecting and researching target areas
- Negotiating and securing site control
- Managing landowner relationships
- Securing discretionary and ministerial permitting
- Negotiating and securing tax abatements
- Identifying and resolving title issues
- Originate and pursue revenue contracts
- Monitor and participate in regulatory and legislative policy initiatives
- Leading project team, working independently, and with outside parties, such as landowners, permit officers, brokers, equipment vendors, contractors, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate across a broad spectrum of technical understanding – written, verbal and non-verbal
- Public speaking
- Development risk identification and assessment
- Proficiency with project management software
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Salesforce, Smartsheets and GIS
Characteristics of an ideal candidate:
- Passion for energy development and the environment
- Creative problem-solving ability and solutions-oriented mindset
- Proactive attitude
- Team player and leader
- Attention to detail
Education & Experience:
- 4-year university degree, BS or BA
- 2+ years of experience in renewable energy or real estate development required
Travel & Time Commitment:
- Approximately 30% of time will be on the road; will vary based on status of projects
- Travel includes independent site visits and landowner meetings
- A typical work week is 50-60 hours, depending on needs of the projects
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k), 401(k) Employer Match
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Education, Parking, and Gym Membership Stipends
Note: This job description is not inclusive of all requirements of the position. Employees will perform any other duties as may be required by their manager.