When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At ERM, sustainability is our business. As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world’s leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
ERM is seeking a hands-on Senior Environmental Scientist/Geologist with environmental compliance experience to join our consulting firm in Tampa, FL. The ideal candidate will have established experience with Florida Department of Environmental Protection regulations and relationships with companies throughout Florida. The successful candidate manage and oversee ERM’s project staff in a variety of interesting site investigation, remediation, and due diligence (Phase I) projects at industrial projects sites. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest investigation and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- As a “seller/doer,” contribute to business development of ERM’s global Liability Portfolio Management and Remediation service area. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Manage field work, including soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide management and leadership in construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Preparation of site workplans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Manage and oversee Phase I and II environmental due diligence assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Provide technical assistance on EHS compliance projects, including preparation of plans, permits, and reports for hazardous waste, air quality, storm water, NPDES, and wastewater programs.
- Perform environmental compliance assessments and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
- Provide general environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelors in geology, hydrogeology, engineering, environmental science, or related discipline; Masters a plus. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 7 plus years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; candidate will be provided guidance and mentoring, but will be expected to take ownership of all tasks assigned.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus; excellent writing skills and strong attention to detail are critical to this position.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Florida P.E. or P.G. is a plus
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Local candidates preferred.
Please click "Apply" on Company Website" below to submit your resume and brief cover letter.
Note: ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our “boots to boardroom” approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!