When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success. We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000 strong professional team.
Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
The Senior Director, Renewable Energy Solutions is responsible in supporting the development global renewable energy strategy including products and services, and leading and operating delivery of solutions in the US. They will collaborate with regional staff to generate sales, and consults with senior management on setting and achievement of annual revenue goals. This role will have a particular focus on the European markets, and collaborate with peers in global engagements.
- Work with the broader global sustainability management and local teams to develop renewable energy market strategy across technologies (e.g., on-site solar, virtual power purchase agreements) and selected geographies that will meet growth and revenue goals, including concept, business model, go to market strategy and growth plans
- Identifies and prioritizes market segments and geographies that have the greatest growth and revenue potential.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the broader renewable energy industry that enable us to leverage growth potential through partnerships and other cooperative alliances.
- Support identification of and help to evaluate industry acquisition targets that support or are complementary to the renewable energy strategy and have the potential to expand geographic reach and accelerate growth and revenue generation.
Product & Service Development
- Refine and maintain existing renewable energy products and services to ensure they are up-to-date and competitive in the market.
- Develop new products and services to take advantage of new technologies or opportunities created by changes in regulatory, incentive or market structures
- Diversify strategies across different revenue models to maximize revenue potential and leverage existing resources. Potential structures includes: hourly/project-based, success-based, brokerage, revenue sharing, and partnerships/finder’s fees.
- Maintain knowledge of renewable energy technology advancement, growth of new and emerging technologies (e.g., energy storage, hydrogen) to identify new product and service opportunities.
- Work with Sustainability management to define annual revenue goals and interim quarterly targets.
- Monitor and report on performance with respect to annual revenue goals
- Work with team and puts systems in place to ensure timely invoice for renewable energy projects
- Lead the consultative selling process for high profile and high value prospects and clients
- Understand the full scope of sustainability and WFS products and services to effectively leverage the WFS client base and cross-segment opportunities
- Plan and execute training across segments and sales channels: Land, Aviation and Marine to build pipeline and grow revenue
- Grow customer and prospect awareness of products and services, grow perception of World Kinect as thought leaders through delivery of customer-facing webinars and training, earned media, participation and speaking at conferences and industry events.
- Manage and supervise large or complex mandates through project cycle
- Manage strategy or analytical or consulting teams to deliver all aspects of project delivery for multiple projects
- Drive and collaborate cross-functional teams on scope, schedule and engagement for optimal success
- Manage delivery of service/solution and team-members assigned to project
- Track, analyse and report on project performance
- Effectively develop and manage a team of renewable energy professionals, and work with broader sales teams, to sell and deliver renewable energy products and services
- Work across the global sustainability organization to help build understanding across geographies and product and service categories
- Use WFS internal capabilities (e.g., HR, IT, analytical resources) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of team operations
- Leverage outside resources (software, subscriptions) to improve team efficiency and scale capabilities.
- The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively, build relationships and work closely with internal and external stakeholders including clients, third-party vendors and peers across the World Kinect Energy Services global team.
- Must be comfortable and proficient in presenting and explaining renewable energy products and services to senior management.
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of renewable energy experience across solar, wind and other technologies. Including project development experience, project finance, corporate PPA’s as well as knowledge and ability to maximize the value of regulatory and incentive structures.
- Multilingual with Business level or higher English language other European languages are a plus.
- Excellent understanding of renewable energy incentive and regulatory structures. Ability to analyze and take advantage of new and existing structures to drive client acquisition and revenue growth.
- Strong people management skills, ability to design and implement efficient team structures to deliver renewable energy services
- Strong technical understanding of energy systems and renewable energy technologies, and ability to assess new renewable energy technologies and complementary technologies to identify new opportunities
- Strong project management skills, including experience with appropriate software tools
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical, financial modeling and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver meaningful business results with minimal supervision
- General business and financial acumen plus evidence of customer-service orientation
- Effective communications skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Effective team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.