When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
RES is the nation’s largest ecological restoration company, and is restoring a resilient earth for a modern world. We restore our land and waters with ecological integrity and innovation, project by project. We support the rehabilitation and stewardship of nature’s resources alongside responsible human progress.
RES is seeking a Project Manager II with 10+ years of experience to support our growth throughout the state of New York. The position is eligible for a remote location as long as the candidate is fine with travelling to our Albany / Buffalo NY offices occasionally.
The mission: to own the turnkey delivery of large and complex environmental restoration projects on time, within the scope, and within budget.
We are looking for a LEADER who can manage multiple teams of diverse disciplines, strategize business/staff planning, and carry out fieldwork; a COMMUNICATOR, who is not only able to produce accurate regulatory, ecological, and monitoring documents but also work with a variety of audiences with varying technical understanding to develop restoration plans and approaches; and a SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT in the stream/wetland and habitat restoration field who can innovate and implement solutions on challenging restoration projects.
What your day-to-day might look like?
- You will be supporting new and existing projects, in all project phases. You will be developing project scopes, schedules, and costs, based on your evaluation of the financial feasibility and regulatory and technical requirements. Therefore, experience with environmental permitting and knowledge of the regulatory requirements in New York, is required.
- You will be evaluating bids and proposals from subcontractors and managing subcontractors.
- You will be interacting with our project accounting team, supporting the revenue recognition process and the delivery of the financial reports, so experience with business financials (i.e., forecasting, budgeting, contract terms) will support your application.
We would love to talk to you if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in applied sciences, engineering, or similar field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in ecology, environmental science, applied sciences, engineering, or geology; 3+ years of Project Management Experience within the 10+ years
- Deep knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the state of New York
- Ecological knowledge relative to grassland bird habitat
- Vegetation management associated with renewable energy
- Construction management experience with ecological restoration projects
What will make you stand out?
- Experience in environmental restoration design, stream and wetland restoration, natural resource evaluation and permitting, terrestrial habitat restoration
- Demonstrated experience working with the New York Office of Renewable Energy Siting (ORES) and the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC)
- Advanced Degree or additional qualifications such as certifications (PMP)
- Pay range is $80,000 - $95,000 / year
Note: VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.