When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Consortium for Energy Efficiency (CEE) is an award-winning consortium of efficiency program administrators from the United States and Canada that unifies program approaches across jurisdictions to increase impact in fragmented markets.
By joining forces at CEE, individual electric and gas efficiency programs are able to partner not only with each other, but also with other industries, trade associations, and government agencies. Working together, administrators leverage the effect of their ratepayer funding and exchange information on successful practices for the public good. For more information check out our website.
CEE is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the residential sector and support advancement of efficient and smart home objectives. The Program Manager, Residential Sector position involves focus on key opportunities for high performing equipment and connected devices to contribute to decarbonization and climate change objectives. The successful candidate will work primarily within the residential team to assess strategies for advancing the portfolio of domestic loads and develop long-term binational market transformation directives. Areas of potential in-depth focus include large end-uses – primarily heating and cooling systems (HVAC), water heating, and electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) – connected capabilities, integrated systems, and small and medium business solutions.
- Under the direction of the Residential Sector Lead, support program initiatives for advancing the market of connected and efficient equipment, including HVAC, water heating, and EVSE, as part of a comprehensive smart home strategy.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on topics such as savings potential for emerging technologies, effective program design delivery approaches, opportunities associated with connected capabilities, whole home energy management solutions, unique partnerships across industry stakeholders, and market barriers to product adoption.
- Draft reports, studies, memoranda, position papers and other professional written products in support of organization and member needs.
- Prepare agendas for and facilitate member meetings via teleconference, in-person, and online through CEE’s extranet website.
- Assemble consensus positions to develop recommended strategies for driving the uptake of high performing equipment that deliver energy efficiency, load management, and behavioral change impacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Candidate Qualifications
- A master’s degree or bachelor’s and equivalent experience in a relevant field, such as economics, business, engineering, information technology, environmental studies, statistics, quantitative assessment, building science, or another subject requiring critical thinking and strong analytical capabilities
- Experience with smart home products, demand response functionality residential end uses, or integrated demand side management
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to balance multiple priorities and evolve project deliverables and priorities develop
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities, including aptitude to facilitate meetings with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated research and data analysis skills; ability to analyze and synthesize quantitative information for different audiences
- Strong people skills, service orientation, and the capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and Excel); preferably comfort with HTML as well
- Willingness to travel domestically, averaging approximately one trip per quarter
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- CEE offers a competitive benefits package.
- The CEE Office is located at the Ferncroft Corporate Center, 35 Village Rd, Middleton MA.
- This facility offers many amenities including a fitness center and is convenient to I-95, Rt. 1, and Rt. 128.
Complete applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Please submit the following:
- Cover letter demonstrating your interest in the position, qualifications, and relevant work experience
- Writing sample (5 pages maximum) that demonstrates analytical reasoning skills
- Please send application materials via e-mail to Alice Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the location you found this posting, as well as including the job title and your name in the subject line; for example, “John Smith—Program Manager, Residential Sector”.
You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship. CEE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.