When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
ClimeCo is a leader in the management and development of environmental commodities. We develop, finance, and operate projects to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions and produce renewable energy, and design, manage, and transact portfolios of environmental-related financial commodities. From policy advisory to Environmental, Social, & Governance (ESG) strategy, offsets sourcing to project development, we provide comprehensive, vertically- integrated solutions to help enhance our customers’ sustainability impact—whether they are responding to emissions regulations or satisfying voluntary sustainability goals.
We are currently seeking a full-time Manager, Program Development for our Project Development Business Unit. This position will be remotely employed with the option to work in-person, if desired and when it is safe to do so, in Denver CO, State College PA, or other company co-working locations.
ClimeCo embraces diversity and welcomes candidates who contribute to a climate that supports our staff of all identities and backgrounds. We further commit ourselves to an inclusive workplace where we value the perspectives of all employees by recognizing and appreciating their unique skills and talents. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
The Manager, Program Development will have responsibilities related to the analysis, design, and development of ClimeCo’s portfolio of project-based environmental solutions that create value through the mitigation or abatement of GHG emissions and related environmental impacts. These projects conform to rigorous and broadly accepted standards for verifiable quantification of environmental and social benefits.
The Manager, Program Development will interface with diverse clients, project partners, and technical and policy experts across multiple industry sectors to creatively address unique environmental challenges and business needs. This role will specifically deal with the evaluation and drafting of new carbon offset methodologies, which will, in turn, enable new opportunities to monetize GHG emission reductions. The carbon offset methodology outlines the rules and requirements for creating a credible carbon offset project and includes qualitative (e.g., eligibility criterion and additionality evaluations) and quantitative components (e.g., financial analyses and emissions calculations).
A methodology development process requires a deep understanding of industry standard documents and history, including existing methodologies and programmatic rules at the Climate Action Reserve, Verra, the American Carbon Registry, and the Gold Standard. Familiarity with associated accounting standards including the GHG Protocol and ISO 14064, part 2 would also be an asset. Candidates without direct experience in the aforementioned standards but with experience in standards organizations or GHG accounting are encouraged to apply.
- Evaluating existing and new carbon offset methodologies for usability
- As necessary, researching and proposing methodology updates or changes
- Coordinating and directing team discussions on the merits or obstacles of a new carbon offset project type
- Leading a team in drafting quantification methodologies to generate carbon offsets. This long-term effort often spans a year or more
- Producing client-facing evaluations of the merits of a new carbon offset idea
- Screening incoming project opportunities for financial and technical viability, including developing project-level discounted cashflow models
- Providing recommendations to senior leadership for new project opportunities
Candidates should possess excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office, and be highly organized with fine attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills, an intense curiosity about environmental solutions for diverse industries and organizations, and thrive in direct or remote team settings working collaboratively on program and project development.
The Manager, Program Development is a full-time, salaried, and exempt position, which is ineligible for overtime pay under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Minimum BA/BS in environmental sciences, policy, business, or related fields with preference given to candidates with a Master’s degree in relevant fields
- Two or more years of professional experience in fields such as project development & finance or program evaluation, with consideration given to those with experience with standard organizations.
- Comfort with frequent client interaction, including developing and delivering presentations and written deliverables
- Ability to persistently complete a long-term, multi-phased effort
- Curiosity and interest in helping reduce GHG emissions across all sectors, including through nature-based solutions or with industrial/energy development sectors
- Rigorous planning and proactive communication, comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously and balancing shifting priorities
- Critical thinking and fast learning, comfortable with qualitative and quantitative problems, spreadsheets, approximations, and assumptions
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members and ClimeCo partners
- Willing to travel on occasion (approximately 5-10%, depending on prevailing safety conditions) and once quarterly for team meetings
- Experience drafting or evaluating carbon offset methodologies
- Direct experience with environmental commodity programs and/or markets (e.g., carbon offsets, renewable energy certificates, low carbon fuels, etc.)
- Experience developing project cashflow models
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for a well-qualified Manager, Program Development is $65,000 to $80,000 annually.
- ClimeCo offers a competitive salary and bonus structure with benefits including 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental/vision benefits, EAP program, parental leave, paid time off, holidays, and more.
- Please click "Apply" below to email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Manager, Program Development”.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
ClimeCo is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity, and expression, sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.