When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. A certified B Corporation, we serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience.
We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.
At Banyan Botanicals, we believe our people are the heart of our company. As an Ayurveda-inspired wellness company and a certified B Corp, we are passionate about supporting our employees and creating a work environment that is uplifting, inclusive, and harmonious. The People Operations (HR) Director is key to bringing this intention to life: they must embody this belief and translate it into business strategies that support our people and enhance our company culture. The People Operations Director ignites the human spirit by creating respectful, honest, and trustworthy experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm, and compassion, and they challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The People Operations Director leads our small but growing People Ops team. Overall, this role will define and implement strategies and processes that influence areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, compensation planning, and change leadership. This role will initially involve digging into the details while keeping an eye towards building for scale.
It is expected that the People Operations Director brings a passion and commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) and can actively apply a DE&I lens to their philosophy, approach, frameworks, and facilitation within the talent infrastructure they create, the coaching they provide, and the programs they deliver.
Key success in this role is the ability to create and manage project plans, drive decision-making, and move programs and frameworks forward, all while maintaining appropriate communication with all involved team members.
- Lead and manage a growing People Operations team responsible for managing the employee experience throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Provide support and consultation to team members: answering employee and manager questions about programs, policies, and other related items, keeping team member satisfaction top of mind and top priority.
- Provide leadership, direction, and expertise to ensure standardized practices and documented processes that drive unparalleled team member experiences. Includes onboarding, offboarding, and employee retention.
- Create and execute an infrastructure roadmap to focus on efficiency and experiences. Create and manage streamlined processes and ensure alignment with team members inside and outside the People Operations team.
- Drive a progressive, proactive, positive culture, and increase levels of engagement, empowerment, and retention.
- Support hiring managers with recruitment and selection processes.
- Work closely with the Leadership team to ensure that communication strategies are implemented effectively and that standards of feedback, transparency, accountability, and care are upheld throughout the organization.
- Coach senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues, including development and talent performance and issues.
- Offer conflict management and counseling to those involved, either individually or together, and develop a solution that is acceptable to everyone involved.
- Coordinate and support company-wide communications and information sharing, both via Zoom or email and through in-person and virtual meetings.
- Work with the Finance team in managing payroll processing and benefit administration.
- Ensure compliance and accuracy in HRIS management (ADP), personnel files, and other core administration items.
- Collaborate with internal and external IT resources to improve technical support and employee experience across the company. Relentlessly reduce and eliminate needless complexity from processes, ensuring that all workflows are easy to use and understandable for all users.
- Develop and execute on ideas that will enhance our company culture and experience while driving forward our diversity, equity, and inclusive initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining and improving our physical office space, both to ensure people have what they need and to reflect our culture and values.
- Work closely with our Social and Environmental Responsibility team to support the B Corp certification process by providing information related to HR practices and data.
- Manage direct report(s).
COMPETENCIES - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems (ADP) and HRIS (ADP) preferred.
- Knowledge of current federal, state (OR, NM, CA, TX), and local labor laws, as well as recent changes and trends in employment practices.
- Demonstrated experience in problem-solving, creating work plans and timelines, training and development, decision-making, leadership, and prioritizing tasks; excellent attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophies of nonviolence, racial justice, and anti-oppression, and a systemic change approach.
- Ability to safeguard, protect, and maintain confidential information.
- Passion for helping managers with org planning, employee career growth programs, and mentoring.
- Experience in developing, executing and facilitating programs around employee training and development in a remote (Zoom) workplace as well as in-person.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to build relationships within a diverse community.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to work and collaborate with others, including listening, supporting others to create and implement solutions, being self-reflective, and sharing power.
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a growth-oriented environment.
- A passion for connecting people and plants together through the lens of Ayurveda.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or closely related field.
- 7 years of progressive experience in People Operations (HR).
- 7 years of experience in people leadership, including developing management level direct reports, some manufacturing HR experience helpful.
- Experience in administering and formulating employee benefits plans.
- Proven track record partnering with team members to champion innovative ways of working together in a remote work environment.
- Proven track record of hiring incredible talent across a myriad of teams and functions, and consistently optimizing time-to-hire.
- PHR or SPHR a plus, but not required.
Physical Requirements (not limited to)
This description reflects essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access, transport and position file cabinets, office machinery and items up to 25lbs.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer, mouse, keyboard, printer, fax, scanner, calculator, and copy machine.
- Mostly sedentary position, however, must be able to move, traverse, ascend/descend, and position self to access office equipment.
- Must be able to detect, determine, perceive, identify, recognize, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, communicate with team members and exchange accurate information with or without accommodation.
- Must be able to work around moderate noise level.
- This is a full-time position located in the Ashland, Oregon area.
- There is the possibility of remote work in OR, TX, NM, CA but we prefer someone being local to the Ashland, OR area.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Banyan Botanicals' benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation time, sick pay, 401k, and other employee incentives.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying: www.banyanbotanicals.com
- To apply, please attach your résumé and a cover letter.
Banyan Botanicals is Committed to Diversity and Equal Employment:
At Banyan Botanicals, we honor the uniqueness of every person and believe that greater diversity strengthens our team. Banyan Botanicals provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Banyan Botanicals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.