When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) is a nonprofit organization that has been providing outdoor adventures and environmental education programs for people with disabilities and underserved youth for five decades.
ETC's sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, cross country skiing and youth leadership programs annually enable over 3,000 people with special needs to enjoy the beauty, challenge and inspiration of educational outdoor adventures.
Our Mission: ETC makes the joy and challenge of outdoor adventures accessible to people with disabilities and under-resourced youth, inspiring self-confidence, connection to nature, and stewardship of the environment.
The Office Manager (OM) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the ETC office at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco. They will have at least two to three years of administrative and bookkeeping experience including: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, benefits administration, and office/administrative support. The OM reports to the Executive Director (ED) and works closely with the Controller to maintain diligent organization of ETC’s finances and office environment. The OM will have the following key competencies and mindsets:
- Manage and monitor accounts receivable in collaboration with the Program and Development Managers.
- Manage accounts payable with weekly check runs.
- Reconcile financial information to ETC’s database.
- Process payroll bi-monthly using Gusto.
- Prepare financial reports for review by Controller and ED for Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Assist employees with benefits information and sign-up, specifically health plans, dental plans, and retirement.
- Maintain compliance with all insurance: D&O, liability, and worker’s compensation.
- Report quarterly sales & use tax and annual property tax. Issue annual 1099 forms.
- Assist Controller in preparation of the 990.
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries and office visitors.
- Monitor staff schedules.
- Maintain office cleanliness and organization, order office supplies as needed.
- Perform basic IT support, weekly backups, website updates.
- Support and assist with special projects as needed, e.g. fundraising events.
- Participate in strategic thinking and planning.
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail, self-motivated, flexible and possess a high level of personal integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, preferably Quickbooks for Mac.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and database systems such as Box and Salesforce. Adobe
- Creative Suite experience is a plus.
- Experience with basic IT support and website maintenance preferred.
- Knowledge of special populations is a plus.
- Desire to forward ETC’s mission and program growth.
- You are extremely organized and keep a close eye on details and deadlines.
- You are a strategic thinker and keep the big picture in mind along with getting the process and
- the details right.
- You are a team player: your colleagues trust you and enjoy collaborating with you.
- You are flexible and can adjust to needs of Program Managers, Development Manager, and the Executive Director.
- You believe outdoor educational activities have a profound impact on our well-being and life perspective, and should be accessible to people of all abilities regardless of physical or financial limitations.
- You believe environmental education and outdoor adventure programs inspire a stronger stewardship ethic for the earth and conservation of our natural resources.
DOE. Full-time with excellent benefits package including: health, dental, and generous retirement plan Flexible schedule with a mix of working from the office at Fort Mason and home if desirable.
Please click "Apply" below to email your resume, references, and cover letter which details your interest in the position and relevant background. Type "Office Manager Search + your name" into the Subject line.
Environmental Traveling Companions (ETC) ATTN: Office Manager Search
2 Marina Blvd. Fort Mason Center, Bldg C San Francisco, CA 94123
ETC is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply