When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
About the Team
Invenergy’s Renewable Development team is responsible for generating new wind and solar opportunities for the company by identifying potential projects and advancing them through the development process. This includes site identification, permitting, resource measurement, establishing interconnection positions and community engagement.
As a Manager, Renewable Development you will manage the development of utility-scale solar and wind energy projects throughout the United States. This position will be in our Denver office.
- Manage wind and/or solar projects in the western United States including SPP and WECC.
- Lead development activities in early, mid, and/or late stages of the project
- Align projects with long-term company strategy and initiatives
- Identify development prospects, including market assessments, fatal flaw identification and initial site reconnaissance
- Secure site control for development prospects, including negotiating leases, easements and other agreements with landowners
- Coordinate landowner communication efforts
- Take a lead role in obtaining certain local, state and/or federal permits
- Represent Invenergy LLC with customers, landowners, state and local officials and other stakeholders
- Initiate and manage generation interconnection activities
- Oversee project design
- Assist project budgeting and scheduling
- Manage tasks according to budgets and schedules, including coordinating internal and external technical support
- Bachelors Degree
- 4-8 years’ work experience in the renewable and clean energy industry
- Ability to manage the development and strategic process for wind and/or solar energy projects
- Strong organizational, networking, leadership, time management, and accounting skills
- Strong public speaking and personal skills
- Ability to write effective, concise reports
- Familiarity with solar project development, real estate development, transmission and power project engineering are advantageous
- Several years of experience in similar role preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Bachelor’s in Business or Engineer, Master’s Degree or MBA is a plus
- Salary Range is 98,000 - 135,000.
- Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation. Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.