When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
We’re Building the Future! Ever want to do hard work that will make a REAL difference in the world? Do you want to solve some of the most difficult problems with a team of exceptional players at a company that does not believe in impossible?
Powin Energy is a leading producer of utility scale modular battery energy storage system (complete with a patented, advanced, cloud-based monitoring/control system). That means we build power plants out of batteries that put coal and gas generators out of business and enable sustainable viability for renewable energy sources like solar and wind.
Powin is, and will continue to be, one of a handful of companies that will provide the equipment necessary to make this happen. Powin has distinct competitive advantages: cost-effectiveness; reliability; scalability; deploy-ability; and operational sophistication. Every day we work to ensure that we maintain these competitive advantages and our position as a global leader in providing turnkey, battery energy storage solutions for utility-scale, commercial and industrial, and microgrid applications.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the timely, cost-effective, and secure movement of cargo for both domestic and international shipments. This position requires frequent interaction with customer jobsites, vendors, freight forwarders, and truckers for the successful routing of ocean, air, and road shipments from manufacturer to final project site and will be responsible for handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Review, update, and utilize master planning schedule to plan inbound shipments and deliveries
- Use carrier websites to trace shipments daily
- Coordinate cargo availability with transportation providers; arrange pick-up and delivery to ensure delivery dates of shipments are met
- Communicate quickly and efficiently with both customers and colleagues on specific issues for resolution of operational problems
- Interface with both the customer and other internal departments to successfully coordinator logistics delivery plan and effectively communicates any transportation impacts
- Serve as a cooperative team-player, collaborating to enhance departmental success while ensuring work aligns with processes, policies, and objectives
- Maintain accurate records of shipments and track their progress to ensure issues are promptly addressed and goods are delivered on time
- Generating, distributing, and maintaining all shipping documents for domestic truck and international ocean and air shipments
- Obtain quotes and apply carrier selection based on pricing, timeline, and carrier availability
- Performs other duties as assigned
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years’ experience in logistics, with advanced skills in all modes of logistics including domestic FTL, LTL, international FCL, LCL,
and local drayage
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills, strong work ethic, and the ability to follow-up and follow-through on outstanding items is also required
- Must work well both independently and in a team environment
- Experience managing data using MS Excel spreadsheets
- Good organizational and time management skills to be able to prioritize and stay on task while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for improving processes and a commitment to quality
- Familiarity with project or turnkey logistics a plus
Note: Powin is not accepting resumes from unsolicited headhunters or agencies at this time.
E-Verify: Powin participates in E-Verify and candidates will need to pass successfully upon completion of hire date.
EEO STATEMENT: The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices and laws. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identification or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, religion or creed, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, protected veteran status, disability (mental or physical), or any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local law.