When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a nonprofit research organization, seeks an experienced IT Support Specialist.
ACEEE develops policies to reduce energy waste and decarbonize buildings, industry, and transportation. Its independent analysis advances investments, programs, and behaviors that use energy more effectively and help build an equitable clean energy future. Collaborative, team-oriented, and mission-driven, ACEEE is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion and integrating equity into our research and policy efforts. Staff work at an energetic pace in an entrepreneurial environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work.
ACEEE is seeking a skilled and experienced IT Support Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical support to end-users, ensuring that hardware, software, and network systems function efficiently, and addressing any issues that may arise. The successful candidate should have a strong technical background, excellent customer service skills, and the ability to self-learn and adapt to various technical environments. This position has great opportunity for career growth and professional development. The IT Support Specialist will report to the Senior IT Manager and will work closely with other members of the operations team.
- Provide technical support to internal and external users through various channels such as phone, email, instant chat, and in-person.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues in a timely and efficient manner, using remote desktop and other diagnostic tools.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer systems, printers, and other related equipment.
- Respond to and resolve IT incidents and requests in accordance with established service commitments.
- Document technical solutions and update the organization's knowledge management system.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the organization's technology infrastructure, including servers, SaaS, and network components.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and make recommendations for upgrades and improvements to the IT team.
- Provide training and guidance on technical issues to staff.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Windows Server (2016 or above), macOS, and Microsoft 365 applications
- Highly motivated, self-starter with demonstrated ability to self-learn
- Knowledge of Microsoft Endpoint Manager, network troubleshooting, support, and security
- Knowledge of Azure cloud-based solutions, including VMs, VNet, Backups, Azure AD, Identity Access and Management
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a customer-facing role
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to coordinate projects with a proven track record of performance and reliability
- Ability to work on several ongoing projects with competing deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- Current relevant IT certifications in IT support, cloud administration and security
- At least 4 years of experience in an IT support role
Location and preferred start date:
Starting December. This role is classified as hybrid and will work four days in the Washington, DC office, with one day remote work.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Salary range is $61k-77k. ACEEE’s generous benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage; a 403(b) retirement plan; public transit and bike share benefits; three weeks of vacation in the first year and four weeks thereafter.
If you have a passion for technology and a commitment to delivering exceptional IT support, including helpdesk experience, we encourage you to apply for this challenging and rewarding opportunity.
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED VIA PAYLOCITY WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Use the link below to use the Paylocity Recruitment portal. Be sure to include a resume and (1 page) writing sample. We do not accept phone calls.
Please let us know how you heard of this opening.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability. ACEEE is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in its organization and encourages applicants with diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply.