When you apply for this position, please say you saw this job on Green Dream Jobs!!
The Gila Watershed Partnership of Arizona (GWP), partners with a wide variety of stakeholders to fulfill the mission to engage the community in improving the water quality and ecosystem condition of the Upper Gila Watershed through education and economic opportunity.
GWP was first organized in 1992 and has a long history of working with the communities of the Upper Gila Watershed to improve social and environmental conditions impacted by watershed health issues.
GWP will hire an Executive Director to serve as the chief executive for the organization, and provide leadership and direction to the staff. The Executive Director reports to the GWP Board of Directors. GWP is currently at a pivotal point and the new ED will be responsible for working with the Board, staff, and partners to establish and carry out a new vision and strategic plan.
The Gila Watershed Partnership works within the Upper Gila Watershed within Arizona, encompassing Graham, Greenlee, and part of Cochise County. GWP offices are located in Safford, Arizona, a small, friendly city on the edge of the Sonoran Desert and nestled in the shadow of Mount Graham. Safford and the Gila Valley offer numerous outdoor recreation opportunities, natural hot springs, vibrant local festivals, and reasonable cost of living.
The Executive Director regularly visits field sites and attends local meetings. For this reason, we ask that the candidate reside in Graham or Greenlee counties and/or be willing to move to this area within 3 months of hire date.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and sustain a positive working environment
- Recruit, train, manage, and motivate a professional conservation-oriented staff
- Board development and recruitment
- Oversee the development monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Recommend an annual plan and budget for board approval
- Develop new sources of long-term funding through donor development, memberships, and corporate partnerships
- Ensure compliance with all sound financial management practices, while complying with all legal requirements
- Develop and implement a sustainable funding plan to finance the annual and long term strategic plans of the organization
- Produce timely financial budgets, reports, and projections
- Oversee and coordinate grant applications and reports
- Lead and coordinate funding meetings with staff and partners
- Seek ways to continue diversifying funding for long-term financial resiliency
Outreach & Education:
- Serve as the public spokesperson for the organization
- Coordinate meetings, events, and committees to bring partners together
- Increase community awareness of and engagement with GWP
- Oversee communications including newsletter, social media, newspaper, and radio
- Develop communication strategies for program outreach efforts and fundraising
- Foster partnerships with other entities, organizations, and state/federal agencies
- 5 years’ minimum experience managing a non-profit organization or a major program of an organization
- Established financial management skills and experience with QuickBooks accounting software
- Proven success in various fundraising efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact with a wide variety of constituents
- Experience in managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers
- Education and/or experience in a natural resource and/or environmental management field
- General computer skills including Microsoft Office and data management; ability to maintain files in a consistent and timely manner
- This is a full-time, salaried position
- Salary is $60,000 - $75,000 per year, depending on experience
- Health Insurance, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance available
- Vacation, holidays, and sick pay
- Mileage for personal vehicle use and work-related travel expenses
- Please click "Apply" below to e-mail a letter of interest, resume, and three references.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- The deadline for applications is September 20, 2021.